Prosciuttos are made in a typical manner. Firstly, high quality meat cuts are selected and then they are kept in a cool place for about 1 day. The meat is then washed and trimmed, and sea salt and spices are applied thoroughly on the slices. These slices are then rubbed with salts and spices for 2 more months.
Easy Prosciutto Recipes
- Fresh asparagus (trimmed) - 1 pound
- Prosciutto - 1 package (3 ounce)
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Lemon zest - 1 teaspoon
- Take a large pot and pour water into it. Then, add some salt to this water and bring it to boil.
- When the water boils, add the asparagus into the pot and cook it, until it becomes tender and little crisp (for about 4 minutes).
- Drain the excess water immediately and transfer the asparagus into a bowl of ice water. Remove the excess water with paper towels.
- Separate the cooked asparagus and make small bundles. Wrap each bundle with prosciutto and then sprinkle lemon zest and lemon juice over them.
- 2 pounds sea scallops (Large, shelled)
- ½ pound prosciutto (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- First, preheat the grill on a medium-high heat and soak the toothpicks in water.
- Then, take a scallop and wrap a slice of prosciutto around it. Repeat the same for the remaining scallops.
- Secure the prosciuttos over the scallops with the help of soaked toothpicks.
- Then lightly oil the grill grate and place the scallops on the preheated grill.
- Cook the prosciutto scallops for about 5 minutes and baste them with butter occasionally.
- Cook them for 8 more minutes until they become opaque.
- 10 slices Prosciutto (chopped)
- 4 cups tube pasta (uncooked, medium)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ pound mushrooms (sliced, fresh)
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- To prepare this, first cook the pasta by following the directions on the package.
- Take a large skillet and put butter and oil in it. Place the skillet over heat and sauté mushrooms in it.
- Add prosciutto to the mushrooms and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Take a small bowl, mix cornstarch with cream to form a smooth paste.
- Pour this mixture into the skillet and then add parsley and pepper to it.
- Bring the mixture to boil and cook it to obtain a thick texture.
- Drain the cooked pasta, add it to the mixture in the skillet, and mix all the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over the yummy prosciutto pasta and serve.