The loin is said to be the most tender part of the pig and constitutes the meat between the ribs and the rump. The roast is quite famous among the people of America and often cooked with marinades, glazes, brine, and rubs. The reason for its popularity is that it comprises the meatiest part of the pig. Cooking it is said to be quite simple and one of the easiest dishes to be tried by people who are learning to cook. The one important thing that one should keep in mind is that the loin should not be overcooked as this will make the meat hard. The perfect temperature is 150 degrees and one should see to it that the meat is not cooked beyond this temperature. Here, we will look at some recipes, along with the cooking time and also the rubs and marinades that are used.
Loin Roast with Garlic and Sauce
- Pork loin roast, 5½ pounds
- Garlic cloves, 6 (large, coarsely chopped)
- Extra virgin olive oil, ¼ cup
- Rosemary, 2 tablespoons (coarsely chopped)
- Fennel seeds, 3 teaspoons (whole)
- Red pepper, 2 teaspoons (crushed)
- Black pepper, 2 teaspoons (freshly ground)
- Fennel, 1 teaspoon (ground)
- Salt, as per taste
- The first step would be to make the rub. For this, take garlic, ground fennel, red pepper, olive oil, fennel seeds, black pepper, and rosemary in a food processor and blend till the ingredients are made into a paste and set aside.
- Place the loin roast on a baking sheet and create shallow score marks all over it.
- Rub three teaspoons of garlic paste on its lower side and the rest of the paste inside the shallow score marks and other parts of the meat.
- Sprinkle salt all over the roast and place it in a 400 degrees preheated oven, with the fat side up.
- Once you have done this, reduce the temperature of the oven to 325 degrees and cook it for 30 - 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, insert a digital thermometer into the thickest area of the meat. If the port loin roast temperature shows 150 degrees, the meat is fully done.
- Take the meat off the oven and place it on a cutting board. Allow it to rest on the board for fifteen minutes and then, chop into slices or chops, before serving.
Loin Roast Marinade
- Pork loin roast, 3 - 4 pounds (boneless)
- Apple juice, 4 ounces
- Soy sauce, 4 ounces
- Dry mustard, 1 teaspoon
- Basil, 1 teaspoon
- Onion powder, ½ teaspoon
- In a mixing bowl, take apple juice and combine it with dry mustard, onion powder basil, and soy sauce and keep it aside.
- Take a large Ziploc bag and place the boneless roast in it. Pour the marinade already prepared into the Ziploc and close it tightly. Allow the meat to marinade for two hours, however, remember to turn the meat occasionally.
- After two hours, take the loin roast out of the Ziploc bag and place it on a shallow pan. Let the marinade remain in the bag itself.
- Roast the meat at a temperature of 325 degrees and the cooking time here will be two to two and half hours. During the last half an hour of cooking, pour little of the reserved marinade on the roast, every ten minutes. Heat thoroughly and serve by pouring the remaining marinade over it.
Potato Pork Loin Roast
- Pork loin roast, 3 - 4 pounds (boneless)
- Potatoes, 4 - 6 (medium)
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- Fresh chives, 1-2 teaspoon
- Dried thyme, 1½ teaspoons
- Garlic powder, 1 teaspoon
- Thyme, 1 teaspoon
- Onion powder, 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder, ½ teaspoon
- Salt and pepper, as per taste
- Place the loin roast on a flat dish and rub it with one teaspoon of garlic powder, ½ teaspoon thyme, and 1 teaspoon onion powder. This should be followed by the sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Take the roast in a shallow pan and cook for fifty to fifty five minutes at a temperature of 325 degrees.
- While the loin is being cooked, wash and peel the potatoes. Slice the potatoes into chunks and boil them for ten minutes.
- When the potatoes get cooked, place them in a bowl and combine them with a teaspoon of dried thyme, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, olive oil, chives, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and place them around the roast.
- Cook them together till the temperature shows 150 degrees on the digital thermometer.
- Wrap the meat with a foil and allow it to stand for fifteen minutes.
- Unwrap the foil and slice the pork before serving.
These dishes would be really great for your party menu. So, if you are having a party at home, try one of these and enjoy watching your guests savor the delicious pork loin roast.