Dump cakes are one of the easiest desserts, which can be prepared in a matter of minutes. They are usually made with a combination of pineapples, various canned fruits, and a few other preferred ingredients. A very unique technique is employed to prepare this cake. First, the fruits are washed and mixed together and placed at the bottom of the baking pan.
Then, a cake mix is poured over the layer of fruits and baked to obtain a buttery crust with layers of fruits. This is a very good recipe for kids to learn and prepare. You can also experiment with a number of ingredients to come up with your own version of a dump cake. Since a pineapple dump cake is the most loved and preferred variety, a few easy recipes have been furnished for you to try.
- Prepared fruit cherry pie filling: 1 can (21 ounces)
- Crushed pineapple, undrained: 1 can (20 ounces)
- Yellow cake mix: 1 box (18.25 ounces)
- Butter or margarine: 2 sticks
- Chopped nuts: ¼ cup
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Drain the canned pineapples and dump them into a baking pan.
- Spread it out in the pan evenly.
- Then, take the cake mix and sprinkle it evenly over the layer of pineapples.
- Using a butter knife, cut the butter into slices and place them over the cake mix.
- Sprinkle the nuts on top of the butter and cake mix.
- Put the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for around an hour.
- Decorate the cake with frosting while it is still hot and refrigerate the cake. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Cherry pie filling: 1 can (21-ounce size)
- Crushed pineapple undrained: 1 can (20-ounce size)
- Yellow cake mix: 1 package (18.25-ounce size)
- Butter or margarine melted: ¾ cup
- Pecans, chopped and toasted: ½ cup
- Ice cream or whipped topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 13 by 9 inch baking pan with butter or margarine.
- Spread the canned pineapples evenly in the baking pan.
- Top the layer of crushed pineapples with the cherry pie filling spread evenly.
- Then, sprinkle some cake mix over both these layers of fruit.
- Drizzle the melted butter or margarine on top of the cake mix layer and finally sprinkle the chopped pecans.
- Place this baking dish in the oven and bake for around 55 minutes till the cake turns golden.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream or garnish with whipped cream.
- Crushed pineapple: 1 can (20 ounce)
- Sliced peaches in syrup: 1 can (15 ounce)
- White cake mix: 1 package
- Brown sugar: 2 cups
- Margarine, melted: 1 - 2 cubes
- Ice cream (any flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 13 by 9 inch baking pan with butter or margarine.
- Pour the canned pineapple in an even layer in the baking pan.
- Over this, pour the canned peaches in syrup forming another even layer.
- Then, sprinkle the white cake mix evenly over the two layers of fruit and drizzle the melted butter or margarine over the cake mix.
- Sprinkle some brown sugar over this, and place the baking pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake for around an hour and serve with ice cream when it is done.