This fruit traditionally comes from Brazil, Paraguay, and Northern Argentina, though it is now being grown in Australia, parts of America, Kenya, and South Africa. The most popular passion fruit is the purple one, but there is also a variety that is yellow in color. Though it is extremely sour, it is rich in Vitamin A and C. It is also a great source of potassium and iron. The seeds are full of fiber. It is a very versatile fruit and can be eaten as it is or with yogurt and ice cream. You can also prepare some delectable desserts.
- Gelatin, 1 tbsp.
- Water, ¼ cup
- Sugar, 8 tbsp.
- Eggs, 4 (separated)
- Passion Fruit Juice, ½ cup (pre-frozen and thawed)
- Pie Shell, 1 (baked)
- Heavy Cream, 1 cup (whipped)
- In a small bowl, mix the gelatin and water.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and 2 tbsp. sugar.
- Cook this mixture in a double boiler, till it thickens.
- Add the gelatin mixture and stir till it dissolves well. Allow this to cool.
- Add the juice and beat well till it blends properly.
- Allow it to cool down and let it thicken a bit, but be careful that it doesn't set.
- Now beat the egg whites in a bowl till they become frothy. Slowly add 6 tbsp. of sugar, and stir till the mixture becomes stiff.
- Add the passion fruit mixture to this egg white mixture and blend well.
- Pour it in the baked pie shell and put it in the refrigerator till it sets and gets chilled.
- Once it is set, top it up with the heavy cream.
- Pineapple Juice, 3 cups
- White Grape Juice, 1 cup
- Passion Fruit Juice, 1 cup
- Lime Juice, ¼ cup (freshly squeezed)
- Sweet White Wine, 1 bottle
- Ginger Ale, 12 oz.
- Take a large pitcher and add the pineapple juice, white grape juice, passion fruit juice, lime juice, and white wine. Mix them well. Keep this mixture in the refrigerator and let it set properly.
- Add the ginger ale just prior to serving so that it doesn't get flat.
- Serve it cold in a tall glass.
- Passion Fruit Nectar, 1 cup (chilled)
- Angostura Bitters, ½ tsp.
- Champagne, 1 cup (chilled)
- Fresh Strawberries, 4
- Orange Slice, 1 (halved)
- In two champagne flutes, pour half the passion fruit nectar, bitters, and champagne.
- Place 2 strawberries, halved in each glass.
- Garnish with half an orange slice.