Oranges are my favorite fruit. I can eat them by the dozen. While using them in your recipes try to use the fresh ones and not canned. Here are a few delicious recipes.
Blood Orange Salad
- Oranges, 4 lbs.
- Sugar, ½ cup
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp.
- Dates, 10
- Walnuts, ½ cup (crudely chopped)
- Orange Flower Water, 1 tsp.
- Mint Leaves, 2
- Raisins, 1 tsp.
- Peel and cut the oranges into small pieces.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar separately in a small bowl.
- Put the oranges in a large bowl and then sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Ensure that the pieces get well coated.
- Slice the dates into long strips and add them to the salad.
- Add the flower water and walnuts.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve it chilled.
- Oranges, 4
- Lemon, 1
- Water, 4 cups
- Sugar, 3 lbs.
- Cut the orange into small pieces after removing all the seeds.
- Add water and lemon, and let the mixture rest for a day.
- The next day, weigh the oranges and set aside an equal measure of sugar.
- Cook the mixture for half an hour.
- Now add the sugar and constantly stir the mixture till the jam drips off the ladle forming wide heavy drops.
- Remove the foam and store the mixture in air tight containers. It is advisable to preheat the jar or put a spoon in it while adding the mixture, in order to prevent the jar from cracking.
- Orange, ½ (grated rind)
- Cream, ¼ cup
- Sugar, ½ cup
- Flour, 3 tbsp.
- Lemon Juice, ½ tbsp.
- Butter, 1 tbsp.
- Mix all the ingredients in the order specified.
- Cook the mixture in a double boiler for about 10 minutes. Stir the mixture constantly.
- Cool the mixture before using.
Orange Ginger Juice
- Orange, 1
- Fresh Ginger Root, 1"
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp.
- Soy Sauce, ¼ tsp.
- Balsamic Vinegar, 2 tsp.
- Salt, ¼ tsp.
- Pepper, ¼ tsp.
- Peel the ginger after cleaning it well. Cut it into small pieces.
- Boil the ginger and orange in a cup of water for a few minutes and drain well.
- Peel the orange and cut the rind into small pieces.
- Juice the orange and beat in the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper in it.
- Stir in the ginger pieces and the orange peels.
- Wait for a few hours before serving.