- You first have to melt the chocolate either in the microwave or you can also use a double boiler.
- Heat the chocolate till it has absolutely melted. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Now, pour this melted chocolate into a bowl and stir it properly making sure that there are no lumps remaining. Otherwise you won't get a good result.
- Take the corn syrup and put it into this bowl.
- Again mix the chocolate and the syrup well. Clean the sides of the bowl, making sure that there is no chocolate sticking to the bowl. (Wasting chocolate, definitely, is a crime!).
- You'll notice that as you mix the two together, you get a thick paste like substance. When you get this you will know that you have added the right quantity of syrup.
- Don't worry if the chocolate mass looks a bit oily. That's because of the corn syrup.
- Now, wrap this mass of chocolate and syrup in a plastic and put it in the refrigerator to set.
- After sometime, when the mixture has set, take it out and break it into several pieces and start kneading it in order to make it smooth.
- This has to be done at room temperature. If you find it difficult to knead because the mass is hard, then you can heat it up in the microwave. But be careful that you do not heat much as while kneading, the warmth of your hand will heat up the chocolate anyway.
- Once you have kneaded the chocolate, it is ready to be used.
Decorating the Cake