Frosting is made by mixing sugar with any liquid such as water or milk. It is often enriched with ingredients such as butter, egg whites, cream cheese, and so on. And when it is made using mocha, it simply becomes irresistible. Given below are some delicious mocha frosting recipes.
Chocolate Mocha Frosting Recipes
- Instant espresso powder, 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract, 2 tsp.
- Semisweet chocolate (chopped), 10 ounces
- Unsalted butter (room temperature), 1 cup
- Light corn syrup, 1 tbsp.
- Powdered sugar (sifted), 2 cups
- Almonds (sliced and lightly toasted), 1 cup
- In a bowl, mix the espresso powder and vanilla extract together, until the espresso dissolves.
- Next, place the chocolate on top of a double boiler over simmering water, until it melts and turns smooth.
- Take it off the heat and set it aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the butter, using an electric blender, until it turns fluffy.
- Now, add the espresso mixture to it and whip it again.
- Corn syrup should be added to the espresso-butter mixture and blended well; scrape the sides of the bowl, occasionally.
- Beat in the melted chocolate, followed by gradually adding the powdered sugar.
- In case the mixture becomes very soft, place it in the refrigerator until it is firm enough to spread; stir it every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spread the frosting over the cake and garnish with almonds.
- Powdered sugar, 1½ cups
- Unsweetened cocoa, ⅓ cup
- Butter or margarine, ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract, ½ tsp.
- Instant coffee, 1 tsp.
- Milk, 2 to 3 tbsp.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, cocoa, butter, and vanilla; blend well.
- Now, dissolve 1 teaspoon of the instant coffee in just 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Add this to the powdered sugar mixture and whisk till well blended.
- Add milk to get the desired consistency, but continue to beat it constantly so that no lumps are formed.
- With this recipe, you will be able to make about 1¼ cups of frosting.
Almond Chocolate Mocha Frosting
- Powdered sugar, 3 cups
- Unsweetened cocoa, ⅔ cup
- Hot brewed coffee, 3 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp.
- Almond extract, ½ tsp.
- Butter (softened), ½ cup
- Half and half (one part milk and one part cream), 4 tbsp.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the sugar and cocoa.
- In another bowl, combine the coffee and vanilla extract.
- Beat the butter in a different bowl, until it turns creamy; gradually add the sugar-cocoa and the coffee-vanilla mixture, alternatively.
- Continue to whisk slowly until it is a smooth consistency.