Meatball appetizers are the most popular quintessential party food with an excellent flavor. They are absolutely delicious and easy to make. The best part of this recipe is that, it can be varied in many ways to create different flavors. These are luscious finger foods to be served at casual gatherings, graduation parties, festive occasions, etc.
- 3 to 4 tbsp chopped water chestnuts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- Take a bowl, and mix well all the meatball ingredients.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and deep-fry until brown.
- Drain out and keep aside.
For the sauce
- Combine beef broth, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, and 2 teaspoons of soy sauce in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Boil the mixture until it thickens; add pineapple, green pepper, and meatballs.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dill weed
- In a bowl, mix cereal, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon peel.
- Add ground turkey and carrot; mix well.
- Shape into small meatballs, and deep-fry in oil.
- Take a pan; add broth and meatballs.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Mix yogurt, cornstarch, lemon juice, and dill in a bowl.
- When the meatballs are cooked, reserve broth in crock and place the meatballs on a serving dish; cover with a lid.
- Add the yogurt mixture to crock; cook until the broth is thickened and pour it over the meatballs.
- 1/4 cup white cornmeal
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsps chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl and mix all the meatball ingredients together.
- Shape into small 1/2 inch balls and keep aside.
For the Sauce
- Take a large sauce pan, melt butter or margarine; add chopped onion and cook until brown.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin powder, oregano, tomato juice, and salt to taste; bring it to a boil.
- Drop the meatballs into the sauce; cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked.
Firstly, you can try these meatball appetizer recipes, and later move to recipes with different sauces. With these easy ideas for meatball appetizers, you are bound to entice everyone's taste buds. Enjoy!