Making Margarita Mix at Home
You will need ...
The list of ingredients that are required for margaritas is very simple and easy to gather. Along with tequila, lime juice, and triple sec, add some syrups for added flavor and taste. The choice of syrup depends completely on personal preference, and the only way for you to find your favorite taste is by experimenting with as many tastes as possible.
All you need to do is add all the ingredients into a blender along with some ice and shake the blender. Voila! You are ready to consume this refreshing cocktail. The lime juice is the key ingredient here, and it would be preferable if you used fresh lemons for the juice rather than using a ready-made lime juice from the market.
These were the basic ingredients, and you can also add any additional ingredients to enhance the flavor of the cocktail. Surprisingly, there are a large number of additional ingredients that one can choose from.
The proportion of the ingredients that you choose can also alter the taste of the cocktail. You can choose one of the these proportions for your recipe.
- 2:1:1 with 50% tequila, 25% triple sec, and 25% lime juice
- 3:1:1 with 60% tequila, 20% triple sec, and 20% lime juice
- 3:2:1 with 50% tequila, 33% triple sec, and 17% lime juice
- 6:3:1 with 60% tequila, 30% triple sec, and 10% lime juice
- 1:1:1 with 33% tequila, 33% triple sec, and 33% lime juice
As mentioned earlier, some additional ingredients can alter the taste of the cocktail completely, and you are free to experiment with any of these as and when you please.
- Using Anjeo tequila and Grand Marnier in your recipe will change the taste and add a golden hue to your cocktail.
- You must also ensure that you use the right kind of glasses, and that you apply salt to the rim of the glass. Before you pour the cocktail into the glass, wet the rim of the glass slightly and invert it on a plate containing salt. This will add salt to the rim.
Once you learn how to make a basic margarita, you can add many more interesting ingredients to change the taste and the appearance. No matter what you try, you cannot go much wrong with this recipe, and once you develop a taste for it you will always want more.