Making applesauce at home requires very few ingredients and just a few steps. The sweet flavor of applesauce makes it a perfect companion to potato latkes, turkey, and beef. Though there are a lot of varieties, it's best to use a mixture of two or more kinds of apples. The best part is that this purée can be made and stored in the freezer for future use.
Applesauce is a good way to get important nutrients and make your meal even more healthy and tasty because apples are very nutritious. Also, it is considered as the perfect first food for babies and a good snack for toddlers.
The following are some great recipes that are easy to make and very delicious.
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ lemon zest
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter (unsalted)
- 4 apples (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 4 apples (Ida Red, McIntosh, or a similar red-skinned variety)
- ½ cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- ½ cup sugar (can vary according to the sweetness of apples)
- 1 bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cranberry apple juice cocktail
- ¼ teaspoon allspice (ground)
- ¼ teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 2 apples (peeled and cut)
- 2 teaspoon orange peel (grated)
- 1 navel orange (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup pecan (toasted and coarsely chopped)
- 5 apples (Gala or Golden, peeled and cut)
- Apple juice (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup cherry preserves
Applesauce is very versatile and can be added to oatmeal, used to make bread, muffins, and cakes. So, go ahead and make some yourself so that you and your family can it enjoy together.