Macaroni salads are delectable and like any other salad, there are variations of these as well. These salads are often made with cooked elbow macaroni pasta and are generally served cold. They offer a great change in the regular menu and can be altered to suit your taste buds as well.
- Large onion (chopped), 1
- Celery stalks (chopped), 2
- Green bell pepper (seeded and chopped), 1
- Prepared yellow mustard, 2½ tablespoons
- Distilled white vinegar, ¼ cup
- Carrot (grated; optional), ¼ cup
- Pimento peppers (chopped; optional), 2 tablespoons
- Boil some lightly salted water in a large pot and add the macaroni to it.
- Cook till it turns tender for about 8 minutes and then rinse under cold water.
- Now, you need to mix the vinegar, sugar, mustard, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in the green pepper, carrot, pimentos, macaroni, onion, and celery to this.
- Your cold macaroni salad will be ready to be devoured only after 4 hours of refrigeration.
- Coarse salt, ¼ tsp
- Elbow macaroni, 1 pound
- Frozen petite peas, 1½ cups
- Mayonnaise, 1 cup
- Sour cream, ½ cup
- White wine vinegar, 1 tsp
- Sugar, ¾ tsp
- Ground nutmeg, ¼ tsp
- Celery stalks (thinly sliced), 2
- Freshly ground pepper
- Dry cured ham (diced into ¼-inch pieces), 6 ounces
- Scallions, 3
- Boil some water in a large pot and add some salt to it. Add the macaroni as well and cook till it turns tender.
- Rinse it with cold water at least twice and drain.
- Next, transfer the macaroni to a large bowl, cover it with a plastic wrap, and place it in a refrigerator.
- Use the white parts of the scallions. Also thinly slice 1 inch of the dark-green part diagonally.
- Meanwhile, thaw the peas under cold running water and drain.
- Toss them with the ham, celery, and scallions in a bowl.
- Add this mixture to the macaroni and toss.
- Whisk the sugar, nutmeg, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, and salt together and add this to the macaroni mixture.
- Season this mixture with some salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate the salad in an airtight container for at least 3 hours.
- Drain the oranges and pineapple and reserve the juice. Cook the macaroni and rinse it with cold water.
- Now, mix the sugar, egg, salt, flour, and the juices together and cook till the mixture thickens.
- Mix this with the macaroni and refrigerate it overnight.
- Add the fruits to it the next morning and serve chilled.