Most people love seafood and lobsters are everyone's favorite. Appetizers are a must for any party, as it makes a tasty start to any meal. Generally, a perfect meal is served in different courses like appetizers, main course, and desserts. Appetizers are often served before a meal. They can be hot or cold, prepared from a variety of ingredients.
Lobster is one of the excellent options for appetizers. For a family dinner or cocktail party, you can choose from a variety of yummy recipes. Lobsters are available throughout the year and are generally served with mayonnaise.
- 2 cups, chopped lobster meat
- Few gratings of nutmeg
- Few grains of cayenne
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup, thick white sauce
- 1 teaspoon, lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon, finely chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon, salt
- In a large skillet, combine together the lobster meat, nutmeg, cayenne, egg yolk, thick white sauce, lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix well. Make the cutlets in the desired shape and fry them.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- 4 (1 lb) lobsters
- 6 cups, mesclun (baby greens)
- 1 cup, lobster stock
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely diced
- ½ cup, vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon, fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 1 bunch fresh chervil for garnish
- Cut shelled claw meat into ¼-inch wide strips.
- Cut the legs and shell that covers the tail meat.
- Cut the tail meat into ½-inch wide slices. Refrigerate the lobster meat.
- In a saucepan, bring the lobster stock to boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and allow the stock to simmer for 10 minutes, until it reduces to 1/3 cup.
- Put the liquid in a bowl and allow it to cool down. Then, add a small quantity of vinaigrette to the stock.
- Preheat the oven to 550 ºF. Place the lobster on a baking sheet and season with pepper and salt.
- Spread about ¼ cup prepared stock over the meat.
- Place the lobster meat in the oven for about 1 minute, until warm.
- Place remaining stock in a small saucepan and warm it over low heat. In a mixing bowl, combine together mesclun, shallot, and lemon juice.
- Add about 6 tablespoons of prepared lobster stock.
- Place the salad at the center of a serving dish.
- Garnish it with a large sprig of chervil on the top.
- Decorate the dish with lobster tail slices arranged in a circle around the salad and sprinkle the remaining stock over it and serve.
Chilled Lobster with Mimosa Dressing
- 4 frozen lobster tails, thawed
- Greens such as romaine lettuce, spring mix, etc.
- 1 tablespoon, melted butter
- 4 radishes, sliced
- Pepper and salt
For Mimosa Dressing:
- 1/3 cup, orange juice concentrate
- ¼ cup, honey
- 2 tablespoons, champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Split each tail and rinse it with cold water. Place the tails in a foil-lined baking pan with the meat side up.
- Brush them lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Broil for about 4-6 minutes, until the tails curl.
- Remove the tails from the oven and allow them to cool down completely.
- Chill them after covering for an hour.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together orange juice concentrate, honey and champagne vinegar and simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- While serving, arrange lobster tails in the plate and place a little quantity of mimosa dressing near the tails.
- Add radish slices, a few greens and other salad vegetables.