Be it beach parties or discotheque parties, cocktails are a must everywhere! There are so many varieties available that one is truly spoiled for choice! Talking about martinis, this is one of the oldest cocktails, and also one of the most popular! Earlier, these drinks were made with vermouth and gin, and would be garnished with olive! Nowadays, however, almost every fruit is used! As the ingredients have changed, so have the garnishes. Out of these, new variations the lemon drop martini is quite popular. If you are wondering how to make one for yourself and what are the ingredients that are required, refer to any of the following recipes.
Lemon Drop Vodka Martini
- Martini shaker
- Martini glass
- Crushed ice
- Quality vodka
- Limoncello liqueur
- Real lemon
- First organize everything, as presenting the martini is as important as making it! Fill the martini glass with crushed ice till the brim.
- This is necessary for the chilling effect.
- The amount of vodka and limoncello liqueur depends upon the number of servings or people. There is a fixed ratio which needs to be the same for a perfect lemon drop martini recipe. Take the martini shaker and pour 2 parts of limoncello and 1 part vodka. 1½ shots of vodka and 3 shots of limoncello work fine for one glass.
- Now, put crushed ice in the shaker, along with the alcohol and shake well.
- Rim the edge of the glass with a freshly cut lemon's juice. Now put the rim of the glass in sugar and turn it in a full circle, until the entire glass gets rimmed with sugar.
- You have finished half of the task, now all you have to do is pour the contents of the shaker into the glass and garnish it with a small slice of fresh lemon.
Refreshing Lemon Drop Martini
- Vodka, 1½ oz
- Fresh lemon juice, ¾ oz
- Triple sec, ½ oz
- Ice cubes, 4-5
- Superfine sugar, 1 tsp
- Superfine sugar, for the martini glass rim
- Lemon twist
- Firstly chill the martini glasses in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Now, take a cocktail shaker and pour vodka, lemon juice, triple sec, sugar, and at least 4-5 ice cubes and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Rim the edge of the martini glass with lemon twist, after it is completely chilled.
- For a coated rim, dunk the glass in a small amount of sugar.
- Now, pour the strained drink into the chilled glass, garnish with a lemon slice and serve.
Quick Lemon Drop Martini
- Mint leaves, 2 (large)
- Lemons, 3 (peeled, grated, and juiced)
- Ice cubes, 1 cup
- White sugar, 1 tbsp
- Sugar syrup, 2 tbsp
- Jiggers vodka, 2 (1.5 fl. oz)
- Chill the martini glass in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- When the glass is chilled, moisten the rim of the glass with water or lemon juice and dip it in sugar; set it aside.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice, till the brim.
- Add lemon juice, vodka, lemon peel, sugar syrup, and vodka.
- Shake the contents in the shaker vigorously, until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour the mix in martini glasses and garnish with lemon slices.
I hope you have learned to how to make a great drink for yourself. You can try all the above recipes and decide the best lemon drop martini recipe for yourself. Cheers!