Chocolate Brownies! The name itself is enough for leaving you drooling and craving for one! From a five-year-old kid to a 60-year-old woman/man, everybody simply loves brownies. Make them fudge-like or cake-like with cocoa or gooey, melted chocolate baked until the crust is scrumptiously crackly on top, they are one of the most sinfully heavenly comfort foods that one can have. Apart from the chocolate and of course, the butter and flour, that make up the ingredients for chocolate brownies, the next best thing about them is the crunchy bits of nuts, usually walnuts, which just add to the overall experience of gustatory bliss with each irresistible mouthful bite.
Chocolate brownies can be had all by themselves―to get the full chocolaty taste or even with ice-cream or whipped cream. Or you can sip a steaming hot cup of black coffee between each bite dusted with icing sugar. So, here are some simple recipes for making chocolate brownies.
Recipes for Chocolate Brownies
Classic Chocolate Brownies
- Flour, sifted, ¾ cup
- Butter, ¾ cup
- Eggs, 2
- Cocoa, ½ cup
- Chocolate extract, ½ tsp.
- Walnuts, chopped, ¾ cup
- Granulated sugar, 1½ cup
- Vanilla essence, 1 tsp.
- Salt, ¼ tsp.
- Begin by preheating the oven to 180ºC or Gas Mark 4. Then, grease a 9-inch sized baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix sugar and butter until the mixture becomes fluffy and light.
- Then add vanilla essence and eggs, and beat it well.
- In another dish, sift the cocoa, flour, and salt together, and add this to the beaten mixture, blending them all well.
- Add the walnuts and chocolate extract in and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the greased dish and spread it out evenly. Bake this for about 35 minutes.
- Test if it is done by inserting a knife or skewer into it, which should come out practically clean.
- Cool on a rack, and then cut into squares. Your chocolate brownie is ready!
Dark Temptation Chocolate Brownies
- Plain flour, 100 gm
- Cocoa powder, 2 tbsp.
- Dark chocolate, 125 gm
- Caster sugar, 175 gm
- Dark muscavado sugar, 6 tbsp.
- Golden syrup, 1 tbsp.
- Butter, unsalted, 100 gm
- Eggs, 2
- Chopped nuts (pecans and brazil nuts), 100 gm
- Chocolate essence, 1 tsp.
- Baking powder, ½ tsp.
- Glacéd cherries, chopped, 6
- Begin by greasing an 8-inch baking tin.
- Put the syrup, dark chocolate, sugar, and butter in a saucepan, and put it on moderate heat, allowing the mixture to become smooth and well-blended.
- Then, take it off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Next, beat the flavorings and eggs together and add to the cooled mixture, whisking it well.
- Next, sieve in the cocoa powder and flour, folding it well into the mixture with the help of a spoon.
- Then add the chopped nuts and blend well.
- Pour this mixture into the baking tin and bake at 180ºC for about 25 minutes. The inside will be quite fudgy and soft.
- Allow the baking tin to cool, and then cut into squares.
- You can top each chocolate brownie square with melted chocolate for an added chocolaty zing and garnish with the glacéd cherries.
Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Flour, 1½ cup
- Dark chocolate chips, semi-sweet, 3 cups
- White chocolate chips, 1 cup
- Eggs, 4
- Sugar, 1½ cups
- Butter, ½ cup
- Baking soda, 1 tsp.
- Vanilla essence, 1 tbsp.
- Hot water, ¼ cup
- Put two cups of chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan, place it on moderate heat, and let them melt. Then, put this mix in a large-sized bowl.
- Add sugar and beat until it becomes smooth.
- Next, using a mixer, add the vanilla essence and hot water.
- Next, add the eggs, beating them constantly.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in another bowl, and add it to the mixture, blending with the mixer on low speed.
- Fold in the rest of the dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, and pour this mixture into a greased baking tin.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes at 160ºC, and allow the cake to cool. Cut into squares, and your yummy chocolate brownies are good to eat!
So, what are you waiting for? Get started and dive into the goodness of the mouth-watering and gooey chocolate brownies. For more zing, you can pour some sizzling hot chocolate and ice cream over it. Simply irresistible!