Some foods taste best only when cooked in a specific manner, like steak. Though there are various methods of cooking steak, grilling gives it a nice flavor. Gas grills or charcoal grills have become a common sight now, but the newest thing that has caught everyone's attention is infrared grilling. This grill is a burner which has ceramic tiles that are heated by natural or propane gas. The cooking time out here is less when compared to other grills because the temperature can be as high as 950ºF. This was a little introduction of an infrared grill. Let's now proceed to the recipes!
- Ground hamburger meat, 1 lb.
- Salt and pepper
- Canola oil cooking spray
- Hamburger bun
- Firstly, preheat or set the infrared grill on 'clean' for 5 minutes, then reduce the setting to 'grill', and let it heat for five more minutes.
- Before cooking, make use of the high setting if your grills do not have a preheat or grill setting.
- Now, shape 3 - 4 burger patties from the ground meat. Press the patties slightly so that the juiciness is retained.
- Create a small pit in the center of each patty by pressing your finger into it.
- The patties should not be thicker than one-half inch or weigh more than eight ounces.
- Place the prepared burgers on the preheated grill over direct heat and cook for about 3 minutes and 40 seconds.
- Sprinkle salt, garlic salt, hamburger seasoning, pepper, and other desired seasoning over the meat.
- After the required time, flip the patties and sear for another 3 minutes.
- Now, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion, and when the internal temperature reaches around 160ºF, remove the burgers from the grill.
- Peppercorns, 10 - 15
- Large garlic cloves (mashed), 2 - 3
- Lemon skin of 2 lemons
- Roaster, 4 lb.
- Kosher salt, ½ cup
- Brown sugar, ½ cup
- Canola oil spray
- Ground black pepper
- This is a simple infrared grilling recipe. Add brown sugar, kosher salt, peppercorns, and garlic cloves to a big stockpot. Add in enough hot water to dissolve the sugar.
- Now, add in the lemon skin first followed by the lemon halves. Lastly, add the chicken and cold water (just enough to cover the chicken). Thereafter, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Wash the chicken with cold water the next day. Add butter and rosemary in the chicken cavity, also spray it with canola oil spray, and season with garlic cloves; ground black pepper; and kosher salt.
- Tie the wings and legs with a butcher twine and set it aside. Preheat the left and right bottom burners on the grill on medium heat, and place the chicken on the rotisserie bar and start the rotation.
- To save the cleaning efforts, make a drip catch using an aluminum foil and place it under the rotisserie chicken on the grate.
- Cook the chicken on medium heat for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, place a meat thermometer in the thickest part and cook until the temperature reads 170ºF. Let it cool down a bit before serving.
- Garlic cloves (minced), 4
- Boneless beef top sirloin steak, 1
- Lightly packed fresh basil leaves (coarsely chopped), 1½ cup
- Finely chopped onion, ¼ cup
- Minced fresh rosemary 1½ tsp. or dried rosemary (crushed), ½ tsp.
- Olive oil, 1 tsp.
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Dried parsley flakes, ¼ tsp.
- Pepper, ¼ tsp.
- Minced fresh thyme or a pinch of dried thyme, ⅛ tsp.
- To make this steak recipe, make five cuts on the three-fourths of the steak with the help of a sharp knife.
- Combine parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl and spread the mixture over the steak.
- Next, combine garlic, basil, rosemary, onion, and thyme in a bowl, and then, stuff this mixture into the pockets of the steak.
- Gently tie the steak with a heavy-duty string at intervals of 2 inches. Lastly, drizzle some oil.
- Next, heat a cast-iron skillet only if you have a side burner on your infrared grill.
- Turn the infrared grill to high and sear the steak on both the sides twice.
- After every two minutes, flip it and repeat this procedure for about 3 times.
- Move the heated iron skillet over the regular burners and add the steak to it.
- Now, close the infrared grill and let it cook for about 4 minutes. Remove the steak carefully and if the juices leak out, cook for another 5 minutes.