When we think of pancakes, there are the limited apple pancakes or potato pancakes that we always think about. However, if you are bored of eating the same type of pancakes all the time, then you may want to make sweet potato pancakes. The best part about these pancakes is that they can also be made as side dish or even as a main dish for breakfast. Most children are also fond of the pancakes. The best part is that they can also be given to about a year old baby. They are not only sweet, but also have a higher nutrition value as well. Without wasting anymore time, we will sweet potato pancake recipes.
Sweet Potato Pancakes Recipes
If you are looking for a healthy sweet potato pancake recipe, your search ends with this recipe.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 scoop protein powder (preferably vanilla)
- Sweetener of your choice, according to your taste (if you do not want it very sweet, you can skip it)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup milk
- Cooking sprays
- Take a pot and place the sweet potatoes in it. Cover them with water and let them boil, till they are well cooked.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, de-skin and mash or grate them.
- Add whole wheat flour, protein powder, milk, sweetener (if required) and cinnamon powder to the sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Stir the ingredients to make the pancake batter. If the batter seems a little thick, you may want to add milk to adjust the consistency.
- On a skillet spray the cooking spray and spread the batter on the skillet and let it cook on high temperature.
- Turn the pancake over, once it is golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or honey or marmalade.
Here is a recipe to make delicious homemade sweet potato pancakes, which will have people licking their fingers.
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cooked, peeled and pureed sweet potato
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Combine wheat and all-purpose flour together and add baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to it.
- Then add beaten eggs, milk and pureed sweet potato to the dry mixture to make a pancake batter.
- On a skillet, spray cooking spray and pour the batter and let it cook on high temperature till golden brown in color.
- Flip over to the other side and let it cook again on the other side as well.
- Serve with pecan butter and maple syrup.
After reading the two recipes given above did you wonder if one can actually make vegan sweet potato pancakes. Well yes, it is very much possible to make vegan pancakes and let me tell you they taste as good as the normal pancakes, if not better. Remember this comes from someone who is a hard core non-vegetarian.
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp clove powder
- 2 medium-sized cooked and grated sweet potatoes
- Butter and oil mixture to use as cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove powder together.
- Then add cooked and grated sweet potatoes to the dry mixture.
- At last add soy milk and make a batter of medium thick consistency.
- Heat the skillet and spray cooking spray on it.
- Using a ladle pour ¼ of the batter on the skillet and let cook on high temperature till it is done to a golden brown color.
- Flip it over and let the other side also cook to a golden brown color.
- Serve with maple syrup or marmalade or apple sauce.
I hope you have found an answer to how to make sweet potato pancakes. These were the basic recipes to make pancakes with sweet potatoes. You can alter the recipe to suit your taste and enjoy a delectable breakfast.