Regardless of your age, this delicious snack is close to everyone's hearts. With a few ingredients, see how quickly you can prepare it and enjoy to the fullest.
Marshmallow-Rice Crispy Treats
- Butter, ¼ cup
- Mini Marshmallows, 4 cups
- Crisp Rice Cereal, 5 cups
- Grease a pan with cooking spray. This is done so that you can pour the mixture in it and cut rice crispy treat into different shapes.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Slowly add marshmallow to the butter and let the mixture melt.
- Once the marshmallow have melted, add rice cereal and stir until it is evenly coated.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the greased pan.
- Press the mixture into the pan using a greased spatula so that it does not stick to the spatula and comes out of the pan easily.
- In 5 to 10 minutes, it will be ready to be cut in desired shapes.
Peanut Butter-Rice Crispy Treats
- Butter, ¼ cup
- Regular Marshmallows, 10 oz
- Peanut Butter, ½ cup
- Rice Crispy Cereal, 6 cups
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the butter melts, slowly add the marshmallow and heat till the marshmallow have melted.
- Take the pan off the heat and add peanut butter to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add rice crispy cereal to it.
- Stir well till the cereal is well coated with the marshmallow-peanut butter mixture and then press into a pan. Use a greased spatula to press it into the pan so that it does not become messy and it does not come out of the pan.
- Cut it into pieces after some time has elapsed.
It is recommended that they are eaten within a day of making them. If you wish to use the microwave for preparing the treats, make sure to melt butter and marshmallow in the microwave as well. Melt them on high for about 2 to 3 minutes, but make sure you do stir occasionally or else the mixture will be scorched. While cutting the treats into bars, use a pizza wheel cutter which is greased with butter or cooking spray.