Originating in China, ramen noodles are now more popular in Japan. There are countless methods to cook them, each tastier than the other. Noodles have become that one quick meal we all whip up when we're pressed for time or are just plain bored. But that doesn't mean that they can't be delicious. Check out these recipes and your noodles will be a delicacy your friends will love!
Spicy Ramen Noodles
- 2 scallions
- 1 inch ginger peeled, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ tsp Chinese five spice
- 5-ounce package Japanese curly noodles or Chuka soba
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 finely minced hot chilly pepper (with or without seeds, depending in how spicy you like it)
- 1 tbs butter
- 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Place a large pan on high heat and coat it with a layer of cooking spray.
- When properly heated, add mushrooms to it and cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are softened.
- If the mushrooms begin to stick to the pan, add just 1 tbsp. of water.
- When the mushrooms are soft, add ginger, chilly and garlic.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 1-2 minutes again, until the mushrooms are thoroughly cooked.
- Now sprinkle the Chinese five spice to the mixture, stir to coat all mushrooms.
- Add the broth and noodles now, cover and simmer for about 4-5 minutes, until the noodles are soft.
- When the noodles are half done, add butter and spinach, cook until the spinach wilts, for about 1-2 minutes.
- When done, add scallions and cilantro.
- Your tasty noodles are ready to serve!
Saucy Ramen Noodles
- Dash of lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp tabasco or other hot sauce
- 1 packet ramen (any flavor or brand)
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Dash of onion powder
- 2/3 cup water
- Take a small pot and add the BBQ sauce, tabasco sauce, milk, water, lemon pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to it.
- Stir the mixture until consistent.
- Now soak ramen noodles in the mixture (marinate it) until the noodles are moist, but whole.
- Transfer the contents to a small skillet and set it on high heat and flip on each side when it starts turning brown.
- Start searing the left-over marinade in the pot itself.
- When the noodles are done from both the sides, pour the left-over marinade to it, in the skillet itself.
- Season with diced onion over it and serve hot.
Ramen Noodles with Seafood
- 1 cup of shrimp (cooked)
- 2 tilapia filets (cooked)
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil (cooking)
- 1 can of clam chowder
- 3 cups of water
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ cup of onions
- 2 packets of ramen noodles
- Boil 2 cups of water in a cooking pot.
- When the water boils, add ramen noodles. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- When the noodles get separated, remove from heat and put in a strainer and keep aside.
- Now heat vegetable oil in the cooking pot and add the onions, clam chowder, ½ cup water, ½ cup milk and tilapia fillets.
- Cook until tilapia turns opaque. Recheck once if the contents are thoroughly cooked before moving to the next step.
- When cooked, add ramen noodles to the pot and cook until the noodles get neatly browned.
- When the noodles are cooked, top them with the seafood and serve.