Mexican cuisine has gained popularity all around the world. Whether it is the hot spices or the vibrant color of the food, we can't guess. But it's definitely one of the most eaten cuisines in the world. And among traditional Mexican food is the quesadilla; a corn or flour tortilla with a choice of stuffing. It could be meat, veggies, eggs, or whatever you wish. The must-haves are olives and cheese! Check out some recipes for mouth-watering quesadillas below.
Quesadillas with Avocados
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat a big frying pan over medium heat. Place only one tortilla on the pan, flip it after a minute.
- After flipping put some olives, ¼ cup of cheese, avocado, and hot pepper sauce on the tortilla.
- Now place another tortilla on top and cover them with a lid.
- After a few minutes, flip both the tortillas.
- After the cheese melts completely, remove from heat.
- Repeat the procedure with the rest of the tortillas.
- While serving, cut the quesadillas into triangles.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1½ tsp. instant minced onion
- 1 cup picante salsa
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated cheese
- 1 tsp. oil (for each tortilla)
- Cook ground beef on the stove. When done, drain off the fat and bring it back on the stove.
- Add picante salsa, pepper, minced onion and salt to it, stir well and remove from heat.
- Now keep a skillet on the stove, heat oil in it and brown both the sides of each tortilla.
- After you are done with it, put one of the browned tortillas on the skillet and add grated cheese and beef mixture to it.
- Place another browned tortilla on top of the stuffed tortilla. Flip after a minute and then remove from the heat.
- Repeat the same with all tortillas, cut into triangles and serve.
Quesadillas with Beans
- ½ cup taco sauce, divided
- 1¼ cups (5 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- ¾ cup re-fried beans with sausage
- Sour cream
- Put tortillas on a flat surface, spread beans over it along with ¾ cup cheese and ¼ cup taco sauce.
- Put the remaining tortillas on the stuffed tortillas.
- Now microwave 1 quesadilla for about 1½ minutes; cover with paper towel and cook on microwave-safe plate at high.
- Repeat the same with the remaining quesadillas.
- When all are done, cut them into 8 wedges and serve with the remaining taco sauce, cheese, and sour cream.
Quesadilla with Mushrooms and Bell Peppers (requires quesadilla maker)
- 1 cup mushroom
- 2 cups cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tortillas
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup chicken (grilled or cooked)
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 tbsp sour cream (optional)
- Take a pan and heat oil in it. When the oil heats up, add onions and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add in both the peppers along with mushrooms and a little salt.
- Fry the ingredients until the peppers and mushrooms become soft, and set aside.
- Now marinate the chicken with salsa and oil and then grill it.
- You can even boil the chicken then cut it and fry with some hot salsa.
- Now put the tortilla in a quesadilla maker, sprinkle cheese on it and top with 2 tbsp. of stuffing of salsa.
- On top of that add the chicken.
- Put another tortilla on the stuffed tortilla and spread some more cheese.
- Close the maker and let the quesadilla bake for about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and Gaucamole.
Quesadilla Taco Style
- 8 slices Monterey Jack pepper cheese
- Sour cream
- Fresh salsa
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 8 small flour tortillas
- ½ lb. ground turkey
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Take a large bowl and mix the turkey and beef in it.
- Divide the mixture into 4 large patties, pat them down to about ½ inch thick.
- Season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now heat a skillet at medium-high speed, spray it with the non-stick spray and cook the patties till they are browned or as per desire.
- When done, cut these burger patties into half and then put a slice of pepper cheese on each.
- Keep them warm and let the cheese melt, then set aside.
- Now put one tortilla on the skillet and let brown. When done, put the patty on it, and let it set for a minute.
- When done, remove from heat and put salsa, sour cream and guacamole in the tortilla.
- Fold it up taco style and serve.