How about having a fresh lemonade after an eventful day? It will instantly give you a fresh and energetic feeling. Well, you might be wondering why I am saying all this. We are going to learn how to make a lemonade. Yes, I know almost all of you know how to make lemonade. Most of you might be preparing it since your childhood. "It's so easy, take water, add lemon juice and sugar." But, let me tell you that the recipe I am going to give you will make a perfect, yes, a perfect lemonade.
- Cold water, 6 cups
- Lemon juice, 1 cup (5 - 6 lemons)
- Sugar, 1 cup
- Water, 1 cup (for sugar syrup)
- Start with the sugar syrup. To make this, take a saucepan, water, and sugar. Pour a cup of water in the saucepan. Add 1 cup sugar to this and turn on the heat. Heat until the sugar completely dissolves in water.
- Take about 5 lemons and squeeze them to extract the juice into a cup. Remember, you need 1 full cup of lemon juice.
- Take a pitcher. Turn off the heat and pour the sugar syrup into the pitcher. Add lemon juice and 6 cups of cold water. Though you can have water of the desired temperature, cold water is any time best for lemonade. Stir for a minute.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Serve in aclassic tall serving glasses with lemon slices and ice cubes.
First, you will need to make the lemon juice concentrate. Here's how you go about it.
- Sugar, 3 cups
- Lemon juice concentrate, 3 cups (15 lemons)
- Water, 2 cups
- Squeeze about 15 lemons to have 3 cups of lemon juice.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan and add 3 cups of sugar to it. Heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Once it is done, turn off the heat and place the saucepan aside. Let the syrup cool down. In a large bowl, pour this syrup and add 3 cups of lemon juice to it. Mix well.
- When it is cool, pour into freezer-safe containers. Place them in the freezer. Your lemon juice concentrate is ready. This can be stored up to 6 months and used whenever required.
Now to make lemonade with this lemon juice concentrate, follow the given steps below.
- Cold water, 7 cups
- Lemon juice concentrate, 1 cup
- Sugar, ¾ cup
- Take sugar in a pitcher. Pour 1 cup lemon juice concentrate in this. Add 7 cups of cold water.
- Stir well. Pour in your favorite serving glasses and serve with ice and lemon slices. You can add more sugar if desired.
So, now you know the different ways to make lemonade. It's your choice whether to use fresh lemons or stored concentrate. Many believe that the concentrate gives a better taste to this drink and of course it saves a lot of time. So, get ready to sip the refreshing lemonade!