Chicken is a remarkably versatile meat, as it blends well with most of the spices and herbs, cooks quickly, and being a white meat is highly nutritious. And, with so many ways to make it, one can eat it all yearlong without repeating a single recipe. Grilling chicken makes the chicken crispy and juicy at the same time. This article is specifically meant to answer how grilled chicken can be made. Apart from that, some easy recipes that use it have also been furnished.
Making Grilled Chicken
Making chicken grilled or otherwise requires an understanding about buying chicken. Fresh is always better; however, frozen chicken is equally good. The idea here is buy a chicken type that suits your recipe. Grilling chicken calls for both boneless and with bone variety, but the chicken should be tender and firm. With skin or skinless is of course your choice. Always look for Grade A poultry, sell-by date, well-sealed packages, and more importantly check for the odor. Spoiled chicken will stink and also increase the risk of being infected with the Salmonella bacteria. Besides chicken and its marinate, a good grill set makes a world of difference to the chicken's taste and flavor.
Spiced Grilled Chicken
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast, ½ lb.
- Minced scallions or chives, ¼ cup
- Minced garlic and ginger, ¼ cup
- Rice vinegar, 3 tbsp.
- White wine, 1 tbsp.
- Black bean paste, 1 tbsp.
- Hot pepper sauce, ¾ tbsp.
- Dry mustard, ½ tbsp.
- Soy sauce, ½ tbsp.
- Cooking oil, ½ tsp.
- Salt to taste
- If you are curious to use an oven, then try this one. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except chicken.
- Fork the chicken pieces or mark some superficial gashes across with a sharp knife. Pour the marinade all over the chicken, coat it well, cover, and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Heat the grill or preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grill or bake the chicken pieces without marinade, until crisp and cooked and allow the juices to drip down.
- Add some water to the left over marinade, and simmer it to a gravy consistency over medium heat.
- Place the grilled chicken pieces in a plate and pour the gravy over it. Serve hot with rice or bread.
Grilled Chicken Salad
Ingredients for Salad
- Boneless chicken breast, 4
- Coarsely chopped pitted sweet cherries, 1 cup
- Fresh salad greens, 1 cup
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp.
- Salt, ¼ tsp.
- Black pepper, ¼ tsp.
- Cooking spray
- Water, 3 tbsp.
- Red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp.
- Minced shallots, 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil, ½ tbsp.
- Dijon mustard, 1 tsp.
- Minced fresh basil, 1 tsp.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the chicken and smear it with salt and pepper. Heat the grill and spray cooking oil.
- Grill the chicken breast until well-cooked. Shred the grilled chicken and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, prepare the salad dressing. Whisk together water, basil, shallots, red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- In a salad bowl or plate, arrange the salad greens topped with shredded chicken and chopped cherries.
- Drizzle the dressing over the greens and chicken and enjoy the delicious salad.
Well then, now that you know how easy it is to make grilled chicken, go ahead and enhance the flavor of your meals. Do try the above recipes and share your experiences with us. We'ad love to hear from you. Happy grilling!