An instance where you find yourself craving chocolate in its myriad forms at different times, sometimes at the most unearthly hour, may definitely not be new for you. Among these forms of chocolate is a rich and irresistible chocolate milkshake that you simply must have right then. That is why for people like us, knowing how to make a chocolate milkshake is going to prove extremely helpful! What's more, you can easily make the perfect recipe in a matter of minutes. All you need is a good blender, and some basic ingredients like milk, chocolate syrup and ice cream.
Making an Old-fashioned Chocolate Milkshake
A traditional chocolate milkshake requires only chocolate and nothing but chocolate in its different forms. No other flavors are added save for a cherry on the top. Here's presenting the art of making it the old-fashioned way!
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 cups Vanilla/Chocolate Ice Cream
- 4 tsp Chocolate Syrup
- 1 cup Small Ice Cubes
- Whipped Cream and Cherry (optional)
- Pour in all the ingredients, except the whipped cream and cherry, in the blender. If you want a rich chocolate flavor you can use 2 parts chocolate ice cream, and 2 parts vanilla ice cream in the milkshake.
- Place the blender lid and blend slowly till all the ingredients have completely blended together.
- Now increase the speed and blend until the consistency of the drink is thick. If you want it to be a little diluted, you can add more milk, and if you want it thicker you can add more ice cream.
- What makes a chocolate milkshake further desirable is its presentation. Pour it into a tall, slender glass and top it with whipped cream and a cherry. Chocolate sprinkles can also be added for additional flavor. Sip on it with a straw and enjoy!
Tips on Perfecting a Chocolate Milkshake
While it has been said that nothing beats the flavor of a good old-fashioned chocolate milkshake, there are numerous ways of enhancing its flavor to suit your palate.
- After you make the milkshake, if you have the time, refrigerate it for a while and then have it. This gives the ingredients time to settle in and blend well, and you yourself will be able to tell the difference in the taste, before and after. Excess milkshake can be refrigerated and enjoyed the next day.
- Do not even try to make a 'healthy' chocolate milkshake with skimmed or soy milk and low-fat ice cream. If you are concerned about calories, a chocolate milkshake is not for you. This divine drink is meant to be rich in calories and therefore, sinful!
- Now we all love chocolate, but don't overdo it in the milkshake by adding chocolate ice cream, chocolate syrup, drinking chocolate, and all other forms of chocolate that you can find. It will kill the flavor and you will never want to have a chocolate milkshake again. Striking a balance in the ingredients is important to get the perfect flavor.
- Don't overlook presentation, even if you are making the drink for yourself. As mentioned earlier, presentation is what gives any food or drink its appeal. Keep this in mind before you serve the milkshake.
- You are free to create variations in your chocolate milkshake by adding a dash of mint to refresh you, or a dash of coffee if you are a coffee lover. Cinnamon adds a unique flavor to a traditional chocolate milkshake. You can even add cherries to the drink to make a black forest chocolate milkshake. Hazelnut, caramel, peanut butter, and even crushed Oreo or chocolate chip cookies are other options you can use to tweak the flavor of the milkshake to your liking.
Try this recipe and tweak it to your liking to experience heaven melting in your mouth. Be assured that it tastes so good, you just can't feel guilty about giving in to this delectable delight.