- 2 cups, all-purpose flour
- 1½ sticks, butter (unsalted softened)
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon, baking powder
- 1 cup, sugar
- ½ teaspoon, salt
- ½ teaspoon, vanilla essence
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, and whisk thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer and beat the butter and sugar. The mixture should become pale and fluffy. Whisk it for a period of 3-6 minutes until the desired texture is achieved.
- Now, add the egg and vanilla extract. While still mixing at a low speed, slowly add the flour and allow it to blend in with the mixture.
- You will now have a ready dough to make the cookies. Shape it into a log that is 12-inches long and 2-inches thick. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 375 ºF. Evenly space and place the oven racks in the oven.
- From the log of dough, use a sharp knife to cut the cookies. Slices that are ¼-inch thick are ideal. Place them on large ungreased baking sheets. If you wish to garnish the cookies with sugar or nuts, just dip them in chopped nuts or sugar before baking them.
- Bake them till the edges are golden, for a period of 12-15 minutes. Let them cool completely.
- You can use the remaining cookie dough to bake more cookies, or just wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. It can be chilled for up to 5 days.
- 1 stick, butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 box, moist chocolate cake mix
- 1 brick, cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon, vanilla extract
- confectioner's sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF.
- Beat together, the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl, with an electric mixer, till it is completely smooth.
- Add the egg and beat, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Toss in the cake mix into this blend, and continue beating till you achieve the texture of a dough.
- Cover this mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until it is firm.
- Make tablespoon sized balls from this dough, and slightly flatten them to look like cookies. Now, roll them in the confectioner's sugar.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, bake them for a period of 12 minutes or until they are crisp on the outside. They will remain soft on the inside due to the cake mix.
- Cool the cookies and they are ready to eat.