Making a Bruschetta
- Italian Bread, (cut into slices of 1 inch thickness)
- Tomatoes, (finely chopped) 2
- Mozzarella Cheese, (grated) ¼ cup
- Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tbsp.
- Fresh Basil, (chopped) 1 tsp.
- Fresh Parsley, (chopped) 2 tsp.
- Sweet Onion, (chopped) 1 tbsp.
- Fresh Oregano, (chopped) 1 tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Till the oven is heating, in a bowl mix tomatoes, olive oil, onion, oregano, parsley, and basil.
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet and place one spoon of tomato mixture on top of each slice, evenly.
- Top it with grated cheese and place it in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- You will have to check the bottom of the bread slices to know if it is ready. The bottom of the slice should be brown in color.
- Once it is done, let it rest for about 4 to 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Serve it warm.
- Roma Tomatoes, (diced) 6
- Green Bell Pepper, (chopped into small pieces) 2
- Red Onion, (finely chopped) 1
- Garlic, (minced) 6 cloves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tbsp.
- French Baguette, 1 loaf
- Cilantro, ½ cup
- Provolone Cheese, 10 slices
- Italian Seasoning (as per choice)
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl combine tomatoes, pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Also add salt and Italian seasoning to the tomatoes and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. When the oven heats, place French baguette slices on top of the baking sheets and place them in the oven.
- Combine 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and Italian seasoning in a bowl and brush both the sides of bread slices with it.
- Place the bread again in the oven, till it starts browning.
- When the bread slices begin to brown, remove them from the oven and top them with one spoon of tomato mixture and a small piece of Provolone.
- Place the bread back in the oven and remove it when the cheese begins to bubble and is slightly brown in color. Serve it with hot and spicy tomato sauce.
- Ripe Plum Tomatoes, 7
- Garlic, (minced) 2 cloves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp.
- Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tsp.
- Fresh Basil Leaves, (chopped) 6
- Italian Bread, 1 loaf
- Olive Oil, ¼ cup
- Salt as per taste
- Freshly Ground Pepper as per taste
- Parboil the tomatoes for about a minute in boiling water.
- De-skin the tomatoes, cut them into half and remove the seeds and juices from the tomatoes.
- While you do the other preparations, preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Chop the tomatoes finely. Then in a bowl mix tomatoes, garlic, 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. After you have mixed them well, add chopped basil, salt and pepper to the tomatoes.
- Slice the bread into ½ inch thick slices.
- Coat one side of the slice with olive oil and place that side down on the baking sheet.
- Toast the slices till the bread begins to brown.
- Remove the bread from the baking sheet and place the tomato mixture on the oil coated side of the bread evenly and serve them.