Barbecue chicken is one of easiest and the most delicious recipes one can try, all round the globe. There are many ways to make this dish and many recipes to prepare the barbecue sauce. This is a good option when you're out camping, or on a sunny holiday afternoon, or even if you are simply bored of cooking a heavy meal!
The best food combination to savor along with some yummy barbecue chicken is salads and nachos. Being one of the fastest and the simplest recipes of fried chicken, you can serve this mouth-watering preparation with a number of side dishes. Many people usually prepare it on the grill, but it can also be made in the oven. Find out how to make bbq chicken in the oven, topped with some yummy barbecue sauce!
Basic BBQ Sauce Chicken
- Chicken breasts, 2 pounds
- Catsup, ½ cup
- Brown sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Mustard, 1 tablespoon (prepared)
- Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- Onion, ¼ (chopped)
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon
- Red pepper, ¼ teaspoon (crushed)
- For the sauce, mix the catsup, onion, brown sugar, mustard, garlic powder, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce together in a saucepan.
- Cook it for about 2 minutes and check till the onions get tender.
- After preparing this homemade bbq sauce, preheat the oven to about 375 degrees F and heat some olive oil in a skillet.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, grill it till the sides are browned and then spread the sauce evenly all over.
- Cover it with an aluminum foil and bake it for 30 minutes till the chicken is tender and cooked.
Mustard BBQ Sauce Chicken
- Chicken, 3 pounds (broiler-fryer)
- Yellow mustard, 1 cup (prepared)
- Balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar, 1/3 cup
- Butter, 2 tablespoons
- Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice, 1 tablespoon
- Cayenne, 1 teaspoon
- Scotch bonnet pepper, 1 (chopped)
- For this procedure, once you prepare the mustard bbq sauce in a similar way as the previous recipe, season the chicken with lime, salt, and pepper, and keep this in a plastic bag. Refrigerate it overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to about 450 degrees F and in the mean time, blend the sauce with the chopped pepper.
- Arrange the chicken in the baking dish by brushing it with olive oil and bake it for about 20 minutes.
- Then pour the sauce on the chicken and then again bake it for another 30 minutes till the flavors seep in.
- Serve it with some fresh salad and lemon juice.
With these delicious recipes, and various types of sauces, I am sure you can't wait to start cooking! So, enjoy this finger licking barbecue chicken with your favorite dressings and other delicious preparations.