A unique form of turkey meat is the turkey bacon, which is found almost everywhere in America. It is a preparation made out of a smoked and reformed turkey that is chopped to make the bacon. Usually used as a healthy alternative for high-fat pork bacon, this form of turkey can be cooked in various delicious ways. A few toothsome recipes have been mentioned below.
Turkey Bacon Recipes
The turkey bacon is an exact imitation of pork bacon stripes available in the market, but the major difference is the low fat content of the former. Besides the main traditional turkey dish (prepared on Thanksgiving), you can learn how to cook a turkey bacon and add something new to the dinner table! For your convenience, we have put together a few recipes, and you can choose the most suitable one depending on what pleases you.
★ Basic Recipe for Turkey Bacon
Cooking turkey bacon is extremely easy, and it is one of the best options for quick snacks. There are many bacon recipes to choose from, but the basic one is the simplest and doesn't take more than 5 minutes to be ready.
- Turkey bacon: 3 stripes
- Low-fat butter/olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Salt and Pepper
- Melt the butter on a skillet kept on low heat.
- Add the turkey bacons to the butter, and let it heat for about 5 minutes till they turn light brown on both the sides.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy the crispy treat!
★ Turkey Bacon in an Oven
You can cook turkey bacon using other means, such as grilling, roasting, or baking in the oven as well. Just follow a few tips while cooking in order to get the same crispiness and taste as you would in a skillet.
- Turkey bacon: 5 slices
- Butter: 3 tablespoons
- Baking sheet
- Prepare the baking dish by applying the butter on it. Arrange the slices of bacon on the sheet, and bake it for about 10 minutes at 375ºF.
- Drain the excess fat and then bake for another 5 minutes to get the crispiness. Make sure you don't overcook it, and remove it when it starts to turn slightly brown.
- You can use these slices to come up with some unique Thanksgiving appetizer ideas.
★ Turkey Bacon Sandwiches
Another excellent way of having these hot and mouth-watering turkey bacon stripes is by using them in other preparations like burgers, sandwiches, and even salads. Mentioned below is a yummy bacon recipe for sandwiches. Take a look!
- Turkey bacon: 4 slices
- Whole wheat bread (toasted): 4 slices
- Lettuce leaves: 2
- Low calorie mayonnaise: 4 teaspoons
- A few tomato slices
- Heat some butter in a skillet and put the turkey bacon in it. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes till it turns light brown on both the sides.
- Then, start preparing the sandwiches. Spread about 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise on each toast of bread, followed by topping with turkey bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and other fillings if you like.
- Place the other slice of toast on it and cut into two haves. Serve with a mustard sauce or ketchup!