I am already hungry. The mere thought of delicious marinated lamb chops, is making my mouth water and I am sure, yours too. Cooking is an art, which can be mastered with practice and love for it. Lamb chops can be cooked in varied ways and with a thousand permutations and combinations to suit your taste buds. The secret to making these devastatingly delectable, is getting the best marinade. Also make sure that the meat is fresh and the extra tissues, fat, and the skin has been properly chopped out.
Oven Baked Lamb Chops
- 8 lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Half a cup flour
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup lamb broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Salt and pepper, as per taste
- Clean the lamb chops well and sprinkle the salt and pepper on the meat.
- Pour the olive oil in a large skillet and let it heat up for a bit. Meanwhile, lightly, coat the lamb chops with flour.
- Put the chops in the skillet of oil, and shallow fry them, till they turn brown.
- Once you remove the lamb chops, add the mushrooms, green onions, garlic and butter to the skillet of oil.
- Pour the dry red wine and lamb broth to it.
- Simmer this mixture, till its reduced to half.
- Cut the lamb chops and place them on a baking dish. Pour the red wine mixture on the lamb chops and set them to bake in a preheated oven at 350 F.
Indian Cuisine - Lamb Chop and Curry
- 8 lamb rib chops
- 5 cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 bunch curry leaves
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- In a large pan, partly boil the lamb chops with cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon stick, and salt.
- Remove from heat and reserve the broth.
- Wipe the pan and heat the oil in the pan. Add the chopped onions and curry leaves to the pan and fry until they are light brown.
- Now add the garlic and ginger paste to the onion mixture in the pan and fry for sometime.
- Now add the chili powder, black pepper powder, and turmeric powder to the pan. Add some water to it, so that the ingredients mix well.
- Once the spices are cooked, add the lamb chops, very carefully.
- Add the reserved broth and garam masala to the pan.
- Simmer till the chops are cooked well.
If you are wondering how to cook lamb chops on the grill, let me tell you it's extremely easy. Make a marinade of your choice and marinate the chops for about 2-3 hours. Set the grill and before you begin grilling the chops, grease them well with butter or olive oil. It takes about 15-20 for the meat to get cooked on a grill. Making a few slashes on the surface of the meat, prior to marinating the meat as it allows the ingredients to get completely soaked in. And that's the secret to the juicy meat you relish at fine restaurants!