If you want, you can cook bacon every morning for breakfast? Wondering how that's possible? It's easy; with these simple recipes, you can make bacon with ease.
How to Cook Bacon ...
... in a Pan
The stove is the traditional method of cooking bacon on a stove. It may create a bit of mess, but with these instructions, you can be sure to cook it to perfection.
- Add not more than 3 to 4 slices of bacon to a large frying pan and turn the heat to medium-low.
- As the bacon cooks on one side, turn it over so that it cooks evenly on both the sides.
- When the bacon strips change color to deep brown, understand that it is cooked to perfection.
- If you notice any black color on the sides of the bacon, it means the bacon is burning.
... in the Oven
Cooking bacon in the oven is easy and doesn't require you to do a lot. When it is cooked in the microwave, it curls up. However, in the pan, it tends to cook in its own fat.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place the bacon strips on a baking sheet.
- Make sure you do not grease the bacon. Place each strip slightly away from one another so that it can cook thoroughly.
- Now, let the strips bake for about 15 minutes. The amount of time you need to keep the strips in the oven will depend on the thickness of the each strip.
- If you want to make the strips extra crispy, you will have to bake it in the oven a little longer.
- Once the bacon is baked, place it on the paper towel. This will soak up excess grease from the strips and hence, enabling you to enjoy it even more.
... Wrapped Scallops
Now that you have two easy to follow recipes, how about trying your hand at cooking bacon wrapped scallops? Sounds tough, but it'll be a breeze.
- Before we begin, preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut strips of bacon to wrap it properly around scallops.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each scallop and secure it by sticking a toothpick through the bacon and the scallop.
- Now place the bacon wrapped scallops on the baking dish and place them in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, turn over the scallops, and place the dish in the oven again.
- This time it will not take more than 2 minutes for it to cook.
Apart from these techniques, you can cook bacon in the toaster oven as well. The amount of time required to cook the strips will vary for each method. So make sure to keep these points in mind while you're attempting any of the above mentioned methods.