Pecans are cultivated mostly in the USA, so people outside America do not generally know what pecans are. Pecans are nuts which are similar to walnuts, but slightly differ in taste.
Unlike the sweet taste of walnuts, these have a rich buttery taste. They have a lot of health benefits like weight control, decrease in the levels of cholesterol, etc. Talking about the calories, there are around 87 calories in pecans that are honey roasted. They can be roasted with various other ingredients along with honey.
- 1 teaspoon, cinnamon
- 3½ cups, pecans
- 3 tablespoons, maple syrup
- 2 tablesponns, honey
- Mix the maple syrup, honey, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add in the pecans and mix together. After mixing, if the mixture is too moist you can add in more pecans.
- Now, take a cookie sheet with sides and add a parchment paper to the bottom of the cookie sheet to avoid the sticking of nuts. Add the nut mixture to the cookie sheet and roast at 300 ºF for about 25 minutes.
- Stir the mixture every 10 minutes so that the nuts are cooked evenly. When they are evenly roasted, place them on a cooking rack and let them cool. When they have cooled, only then the nuts will completely dry.
- After cooling, store in an airtight container, and keep it in the refrigerator.
Spice for Nuts
- 3 tablespoons, spice mix
- ¼ cup, cold-pressed walnut oil
- ¼ cup, honey
- 4-6 cups, pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF. Add oil, honey, and the special mix mentioned in a bowl. Mix well and add the pecans.
- Toss them until they are evenly coated.
- Now, spread the pecans on a greased tray and bake until pecans are golden, this usually takes about 10 minutes. Let it cool before serving. Refrigerate for storage.
For Special Mix
- ¼ cup, sea salt
- ¾ cup, natural cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons, ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons, fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons, mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons, ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup, ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons, paprika
- ½ cup, chili powder (use less for a milder result)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until they are thoroughly blended.
- Store this mixture in an airtight container. You can use it any time.
- 2 tablespoons, sugar
- ½ teaspoon, salt
- 6 slices, bacon (chopped ½-inch pieces)
- 2 cups, pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons, butter (melted)
- Mix the pecan halves, butter, and bacon in a bowl, and then spread the mixture on 15×10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 ºF for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bacon is done and the pecans are toasted.
- When well-baked, sprinkle it with salt and sugar, toss or stir to coat evenly. Let it cool and then refrigerate for storing.