You can make a day out of it, and have your friends over in the evening for a scrumptious meal of delicious homemade dumplings. But, how to make homemade dumplings? That question will be answered shortly. So get ready for an exhilarating experience. Read on for the homemade dumplings recipe. Enjoy!
You will Need
- Whole Chicken - 2-3 lbs
- Butter - 6 tsp
- Chicken Broth - 2 cups
- Eggs - 1
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Milk (whole) - ½ Cup
- Flour (all-purpose) - 2 Cups
How to Make it
- Before you begin with this chicken and dumplings recipe, remember that you must use fresh ingredients, so that their flavor gets into the meal that you have cooked.
- Take a vessel and place the chicken in it.
- Add the chicken broth and fill it with water until the chicken is completely immersed in it.
- Turn on the stove and let the broth boil.
- Once it begins to boil, you can set the flame to the simmer mode.
- Let it sit on the stove for about 1.5 hours.
- Keep checking it at regular intervals to remove all the foam that forms on the broth.
- While it boils, you can prepare the dough for the dumplings.
- Mix the flour, milk, egg, salt and butter using a blender.
- Keep mixing it until it reaches the appropriate consistency of dough.
- Once it does, roll it out, and use a knife or pizza cutter to cut into the desired size and shape that you want.
- Put them into the boiling broth and cover it with a lid.
- Do not remove the lid for at least 15 minutes.
- Check after 15 minutes by poking the dumplings with a knife or toothpick.
- When you place the dumplings in the stew, ensure that they are all completely immersed in it. Else, some parts of the dumplings will be half cooked.
- Do not remove the lid from the stew for 15 minutes after the dumplings are placed in it. If you repetitively remove the lid, the heat level keeps fluctuating and the dumplings may take longer to cook.
Apart from that recipe for making dumplings from scratch, you may want to try out different soups to serve them with. Also you can experiment with different desserts too. So try out these yummy dumplings and have a wonderful time making them and devouring them too!