Celebrations are never complete without mouth-watering and delicious cakes. Well, usually people tend to shy away from trying to bake a cake at home, but once in a while, it is a great idea to bake a cake for the people you love. The next time you have to get a cake for your friend's birthday or your anniversary, try to give it a shot, bake a cake yourself instead of just picking it up from the bakers. The amount of love and effort that goes into making a cake is simply priceless and no ready-made cake from the market can ever match up to it.
Rich Homemade Cake Recipes
Tres Leches Cake
- Eggs - 8
- Sugar - 1½ cups
- All-purpose flour - 2 cups
- Baking powder - 1 tablespoon
- Condensed milk - 14 oz.
- Evaporated milk - 12 oz.
- Milk - 1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 2 teaspoon
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Sliced fresh fruit (of your choice)
- First of all beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer until the mixture becomes thick and pale yellow. In another small bowl mix the flour and baking powder.
- Now, slowly add the flour and baking powder mixture to the egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a buttered baking pan and bake at 325 °F for about 30-40 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, blend the condensed milk, evaporated milk, regular milk, and vanilla.
- Once the cake is baked, pour the milk mixture over the hot cake. Allow the cake to soak up all the milk mixture and then, let it cool for about 15 minutes. Now, allow the cake to chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of three hours.
- Garnish your cake with a layer of whipped cream and fresh fruit slices.
Coffee Almond Delight
- Cracker crumbs - 1½ cups
- Brown sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Ground cinnamon - ¼ teaspoon
- Liquefied butter - 5 tablespoons
- Toasted almonds - 1 cup
- Cream cheese - ½ pounds
- Sugar - 1¼ cup
- Eggs - 3
- Heavy cream - ½ cup
- Sour cream - ½ cup
- Kahlua - 2 tablespoons
- Ground coffee - 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla ice cream - 1 scoop
- Chocolate shavings - 2 tablespoons
- First of all, grease the bottom of a baking pan with soft butter.
- After this combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, liquefied butter, and salt in a large mixing bowl and blend together.
- Now, spread the crumbs evenly in the pan and press them into the bottom and about 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan and refrigerate the pan for about ten minutes.
- Now, preheat the oven to 350 °F and place the pan on the center oven rack and bake the crust for 7 minutes. After removing it, allow the crust to cool and turn the oven temperature down to 300 °F.
- Now, blend the cream cheese over medium-low heat and slowly blend in sugar, by adding small quantities at a time and stirring regularly.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl and blend half of the eggs into the cream cheese, until smooth.
- Then, blend in the remaining eggs and add the cream, sour cream, Kahlua, ground coffee, and vanilla and mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Hold a large mesh sieve over the pan and pour the batter through the sieve into the pan so that the sieve will catch any clots, which can cause the cake to crack later.
- Place the pan in the oven for about an hour. After baking turn off the oven and open the door several inches, and let the cake cool in the oven for thirty minutes.
- Serve hot, with vanilla ice cream and sprinkle with toasted almonds and chocolate shavings.