Grilling corn on the cob requires little effort, but the outcome of it is really tempting. It is an universally favorite dish at barbecue and cook outs. Not only is it tasty, but, it is also easy to prepare. Many people think that boiled corn is the only dish that can be prepared using the corn. On the contrary, there are various other delicious dishes that can be prepared from corn, grilled corn being one of them. There are two ways of grilling corn on cob. The first is grilling it without removing the husk; while the second is to grill it in an aluminum foil.
# Method 1
In this method, we will see how to grill corn on cob by leaving the husk in place. The husk helps in preventing the corn from getting burnt.
- Peel off the outer layer of the corn (do not cut it off) and then remove the inner layer and hair. Wash the corn, shake off excess water and put the outer layer back on the corn.
- Now, soak the corn in water for 20-30 minutes. Later, season the corn with butter or olive oil and it is ready for the grill.
- Preheat the grill for medium temperature (degree 350 F) and grill the corn on it. Turn it after some time to prevent it from charring. It will take approximately 15 minutes for the corn to grill perfectly.
- You will see the corn is completely grilled when you see liquid coming out of the kernel. Now remove the corn from the grill. Do not forget to use gloves as the corn will be very hot. Now peel off the husk and hair. You can hold the corn under running water to get rid of the ash.
- Your grilled corn on the cob is ready to eat. You can use other seasoning like black pepper, chopped onion, oregano, etc. You will also find grilled corn on the cob extremely delicious if you apply butter on it after grilling, just before you eat it.
# Method 2
Aluminum foil is used to grill corn on the cob without husk. Let us take a look at the step-by-step process of grilling the corn in an aluminum foil.
- Firstly remove all the husk and all the outer layers of the corn. Cut the aluminum foil in the shape of a square. Now place the ear of the corn diagonally in the center and add seasoning like butter, black pepper, salt, oregano, or cilantro.
- Now wrap the foil tightly around the corn and seal at the ends. Place the corn on preheated grill at the same temperature as mentioned above. Keep on rotating the corn often to prevent from burning. It will be ready in around 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the grilled corn from the grill. Do not forget to wear gloves as the corn will be hot. Remove the foil once the corn is cooked. Finally apply butter to the corn, and the grilled corn is ready to serve!
- Apart from butter, you can also use lemon juice, garlic, red or black pepper, chopped onion as seasoning or topping. If you are thinking of grilling frozen corn on the cob, it is better to preheat the corn initially in the microwave or a pressure cooker. This will help to reduce the amount of time required for grilling.
You must have noticed that grilling corn on the cob is not a difficult task. Therefore, follow these methods and enjoy the delicious and scrumptious barbecue side dish!