Green tea mousse is a popular dessert in Japan. This recipe usually makes use of matcha green tea powder. It has a smooth texture and can be the perfect complement for your dinner party. There are several different ways of preparing this mouth-watering sweet dish. Some of them are listed below:
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder
- 2 eggs yolk
- 4 tbsps water
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- Mix gelatin powder in 4 tbsps of water. Dissolve the powder completely and remove any lumps.
- Mix sugar and egg yolk in a bowl.
- In a pan, heat milk and then slowly add the gelatin. Make sure that the gelatin is dissolved.
- Now add the milk in the egg yolk mixture.
- Use 3 tbsps of warm water to dissolve green tea powder.
- Add this to the milk in the egg yolk mixture.
- Stir well and cool the bowl in iced water.
- Also include whipped cream in the above mixture.
- Empty the mixture into glasses or cups and let it chill in a cool, dry place. Makes 4 servings.
- 1 ½ cups of whipped cream
- Green tea powder according to taste
- Sugar according to taste
- Whip the cream and continue till bubbles form.
- Add green tea powder to the cream.
- Now add sugar or sugar substitutes as per taste.
- The dish is now ready to serve.
Green Tea Mousse Cake
To make this delicately flavored cake, first the green tea sponge cake has to be made and then the mousse filling. The cake recipe mentioned below is simple and easy to prepare.
- 4 eggs yolk
- 4 egg whites
- 45 gm castor sugar
- 50 gm corn oil
- 90 gm cake flour
- 30 gm water
- 5 gm or 1 tsp green tea powder
- 4 eggs yolk
- 150 gm fresh milk
- 75 gm castor sugar
- 300 gm whipped cream
- 8 gm green tea powder
- 45 ml water and 10 gm gelatin powder (mix these ingredients together and microwave for around 25 seconds)
- Mix the water, eggs yolk, sugar and corn oil together. Stir till the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add green tea powder and flour to the mixture and mix evenly.
- Whisk egg white with sugar till it becomes stiff. Pour the egg yolk mixture into a 9 inch square ring.
- Bake the mixture at 170 degree Celsius for approximately 30 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool at room temperature. Divide the cake into two slices and place one slice into a 9 inch square cake ring.
- In order to prepare the mousse filling, heat milk and add green powder and castor sugar to the milk. Mix eggs yolk and stir. Now add gelatin mixture. Allow it to cool.
- Pour a part of the mousse filling onto the cake ring. Place the other slice of the green tea sponge cake above it.
- Pour the remaining mixture on top of the slice and even it out. Refrigerate until the mousse sets.
- Remove the cake from the cake ring and garnish with green tea powder.
These are some simple green tea mousse recipes that can be easily made at home. Preparing this sweet dish is fun and will not take much of your time.