Peppers are a part of many different cuisines all over the world. Since childhood you must have enjoyed stuffed green peppers filled with beef or chicken. But there are many different green pepper recipes that are equally scrumptious. Here are some easy recipes for vegetarians as well as non vegetarians.
Potato Green Pepper
- Large green bell peppers 4
- Mashed potatoes 2 cups
- Finely chopped onions ½ cup
- Finely chopped red peppers ½ cup
- Tomato sauce 2 cups
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Dried chives 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Firstly, you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Now take the green peppers and slice them just below the stem, on the top.
- Clean them by removing the seeds and all interior spines.
- Partially boil the peppers for around 4-5 minutes. Drain and set them aside.
- Next, heat oil and saute red pepper and onions in it, until soft.
- Add chives, salt and pepper to the sauteed mixture.
- Now mix the above mixture in mashed potatoes in a bowl.
- Next comes the stuffing part. Stuff the potato mixture in the green peppers.
- Take a baking bowl and put tomato sauce in it. Spread it completely. Place the stuffed green peppers on the sauce.
- Cover and bake the peppers for 20 minutes. After the time, remove the lid and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Your delicious potato stuffed green peppers are ready.
Roasted Green Pepper
- Green bell peppers 6-8
- Chopped hot pepper 1-2
- Lemon juice 1-2 tablespoon
- Chopped garlic cloves 5-6
- Olive oil 2-3 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You should cut the peppers into quarters and clean the seeds or the interiors.
- Slightly apply olive oil to these pepper pieces.
- Roast these peppers in a high broiler for 7-8 minutes, or until they blacken.
- Keep them aside for 5-10 minutes. Later peel them.
- Next mix chopped garlic, hot peppers, roasted green peppers and lemon juice in a food processor and blend.
- Add olive oil by the teaspoon to get a fine thick mixture.
- Finally add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the roasted green peppers with crackers or on a pizza base.
Stuffed Green Pepper Recipes
Recipe For Vegetarian
Stuffed green peppers are favorites of all.
- Green bell peppers 4
- Uncooked white rice 1 cup
- Rinsed and drained black beans 15 ounce
- Tomato sauce 15 ounce
- Swiss cheese 4 slices
- Chili powder 1 tablespoon
- Firstly the oven should be preheated to 400 degrees F.
- Now, boil about 2 cups of water in a pan and add rice to it.
- Stir and simmer on a lowered heat for 18-20 minutes.
- Cut the tops of the green peppers, just below the stem. Clean the insides and remove the seeds.
- Now add beans and chili powder to the cooked rice.
- Next, for stuffing, you need to put the mixture of rice and beans in the peppers. Cover with a slice of cheese. Repeat with all the peppers.
- Place the peppers in baking plate / dish. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- If the peppers have softened, then the recipe is done. You can serve with fresh tomato sauce.
Recipe For Canning
- Green bell peppers 7 pounds
- Sugar 3 and ½ cups
- Canning salt 4 and ½ teaspoon
- Cloves of garlic 9
- Vinegar 3 cups
- 9 pint size canning jars
- Remove the seeds, stems and interior of the peppers.
- Cut the peppers in long strips.
- Now in a pan, boil water, sugar and vinegar. When boiled, add peppers and boil thoroughly again.
- Now take the jars and put ½ teaspoon of salt in each of them. Also add one clove of garlic into it.
- Now put the peppers into the jars with the help of canning funnel.
- You should also pour the remaining vinegar liquid into the jar on the top.
- Lastly, leave some space at the top and cover the jars tightly. You can use many different types of pepper for this recipe.
I hope you found the recipes described in this article, helpful. They are easy to make and will be loved by everyone. I am sure, this weekend, your loved ones are going to enjoy at least one of these recipes of green peppers.