Prepare the salad with different vegetables or add other ingredients like seafood, chicken, grilled tofu, etc. to complete the meal. Since it's so healthy, the salad is very addictive for its sweet, tangy, and fresh notes. The mangoes have to be firm and not soft or ripe, or else it will be tough to get the crunchy texture for the salad.
Serves - 2
- Green Mango (peeled and cut into thin slices), 1
- Carrot (cut into thin slices), 1
- Bean Sprouts, ½ cup
- Chili (chopped), 1
- Green Onion (chopped), 1
- Cilantro (chopped), 1 tbsp
- Mint (chopped), 1 tbsp
- Thai Basil (chopped), 1 tbsp
- Fish Sauce, 1 tbsp
- Lime Juice, 1 tbsp
- Palm Sugar, 1 tbsp
- Roasted Peanuts (chopped), 1 tbsp
- In a large bowl, combine mango, carrot, bean sprouts, chili, green onion, cilantro, mint, and basil together.
- In another bowl, mix fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar, and whisk till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Toss the dressing with the salad, garnish it with the peanuts, and serve.
Serves - 2
- Green Mangoes, 2
- Shredded Unsweetened Coconut, ¼ cup
- Bean Sprouts, 2 cups
- Fresh Cilantro (chopped), ½ cup
- Spring Onions (chopped), 4
- Peanuts (roughly chopped), ½ cup
- Cooked Chicken (sliced), 1 cup
- Red Chili, 1
- Fish Sauce, 3 tbsp
- Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice, 4 tbsp
- Brown Sugar, 2 tbsp
- Thai Chili Sauce, 2 tsp
- In a frying pan, fry the coconut without any oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Once the coconut turns light golden-brown. transfer it to a bowl and let it cool.
- Mix fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and Thai chili sauce together in a bowl.
- Use a sharp knife and peel the skin from the mangoes. The flesh of the mangoes should be firm.
- Using a grater, grate the mangoes into a bowl.
- Add bean sprouts, cilantro, spring onions, cooked chicken, chili, and half the quantity of coconut.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss again.
- Sprinkle nuts and toasted coconut on the salad, and serve.
Serves - 6
- Cashews or Peanuts (chopped), ⅓ cup
- Green Mangoes, 2
- Fresh Cilantro (chopped), ⅓ cup
- Mint (chopped), ⅓ cup
- Lime Juice, 2 tbsp
- Granulated Sugar, 4 tsp
- Fish Sauce, 4 tsp
- Vegetable Oil, 1 tbsp
- Asian Chili Sauce, ¼ tsp
- Sweet Red Pepper (thinly sliced), 1
- Red Onions (thinly sliced), 1 cup
- In a skillet or a toaster oven, toast the cashews or peanuts over medium heat, until fragrant and golden in color. Remove them in a bowl and keep them aside.
- Cut both the ends of the mangoes. Using a serrated knife, peel the skin off the mangoes.
- Cut or grate the mangoes into thin slices.
- In a bowl, mix cilantro, mint, lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, oil, and chili sauce together.
- Add mango slices, red peppers, and onion, and toss to coat.
- At last, sprinkle the cashews or peanuts on the salad, and serve.
You can add other vegetables to the salad as well. Cooked shrimp also make a wonderful combination with the salad. If you serve this salad to the guests, they will lick their fingers and ask for more.