Fish is cooked in many different types of cuisines and fried fish rates high on many people's list of favorite foods. To make it, you need to prepare a batter of the desired ingredients, dip the fish in it and fry it for a few minutes. Here are some mouth-watering recipes that can help you get a taste of different cuisines from the comfort of your own home.
- Fish fillets (haddock or cod), 1 pound
- Oil, for frying
- Flour, ½ cup
- Paprika, ¼ teaspoon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- First, pour some oil in a skillet for frying and heat it to 375 °F.
- Then, combine the flour with the paprika and some salt and pepper.
- Roll the fillets gently into the flour mixture.
- Fry on both sides evenly for about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Eggs (beaten), 2
- Saltines (crushed), 1½ cups
- Oil, for frying
- Whitefish fillets (cut lengthwise in half), 2 pounds
- Mayonnaise, 1 cup
- Onion (chopped), 1 tablespoon
- Sweet pickle relish, 2 tablespoons
- Take 2 shallow bowls and place the eggs in one and the cracker crumbs in the other.
- Roll the fillets in the eggs and then dredge them in the cracker crumbs. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Then, heat some oil in an electric skillet to 375 °F.
- Fry the fish fillets in the oil, few pieces at a time, so that they can be fried evenly.
- Fry for around 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat once they turn a shade of golden brown.
- This recipe will taste delicious when served with tartar sauce.
- For the tartar sauce, simply combine the mentioned ingredients in a separate bowl and serve.
- Fish fillets, 1 pound
- Flour, 1 cup
- Baking powder, 1 tablespoon
- Water, ½ cup
- Milk, ½ cup
- Vinegar, 1 teaspoon
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- First, combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl―flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Then, combine the water, milk, and vinegar and add this to the previously prepared mixture.
- Keep stirring while you add it slowly. Let all the ingredients blend well.
- Meanwhile, rinse the fillets in some cold water.
- Then, drain the water and gently pat the fillets dry with the help of some paper towels.
- Heat some oil in a pan to 370 °F, and place the fillets in the batter to coat them evenly.
- Deep-fry the fillets till they turn a shade of golden brown.
- Canola oil, for frying
- Fish fillets, 3 pounds
- Pancake mix, 1 cup
- Seasoned bread crumbs, 1 cup
- Water, ¼ cup
- Egg (beaten), 1
- Lemon pepper, as needed
- Garlic salt, as needed
- Heat some oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the fillets with some lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Meanwhile, make a mixture of pancake with breadcrumbs in a large bag.
- Prepare a mixture of eggs and water and dip the fillets in it.
- Then, transfer them to the same bag that contains the crumb mixture made earlier.
- Once done, fry the fillets in hot oil for at least 8 minutes.
- Turn them so that both sides get cooked evenly.
- Serve with tartar sauce on the side.