After all the hard work, all through the week, the last working day needs a little celebration if you aren't heading out for a party. A sumptuous meal at home with your family, is the perfect way of kick starting a fun filled weekend. So, close the action packed week, with a Friday night meal filled with conversations. Planning it out is the best way to buying more time with your family and friends. This way you will avoid the last minute chaos and disorder too.
Easy to Make Friday Dinner Recipes
♨ Chicken Spaghetti ♨
- 1 cup of boiled and shredded chicken
- 1/2 a bowl of cheese
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet of boiled spaghetti noodles
- Mix the soups and diced tomatoes and boil them over medium heat, till they are thick.
- Shred the cheese and slowly keep adding it to the soup mixture, keep stirring it till it becomes a thick and cheesy.
- Next, add the chicken and the noodles to the mixture and mix it well till all the ingredients blend well.
- Serve it hot with some a fruit juice of wine of your choice.
♨ Beef Stir Fry ♨
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 pound sliced beef sirloin
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1-inch piece thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of smashed garlic
- 5 dried and halved red chillies
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Salt, pepper and pinch of sugar
- In a bog bowl pour out the cornstarch and dry sherry. Add the beef to it and whisk it well. Set it aside for 15 minutes till it gets marinated.
- Meanwhile add peanut oil to a hot skillet. Next, add garlic and chillies, till it exudes the fragrance. Add the beef mixture to it and keep stirring it till the beef brown. Then, add the remaining ingredients and stir fry it. Allow the veggies to wilt and then remove from heat.
- Pour it over rice and serve this dinner idea hot.
♨ Cheese Pie ♨
- 1 packet of shortcrust pastry or prepared pie crust
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of pitted black olives
- 5 sun dried tomatoes
- 1cup of taleggio cheese
- 5 halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Roughly chop the onions, garlic cloves and red pepper. Roast these vegetables for about 20 minutes in olive oil until they wilt. Then, add the remaining veggies and roast them together.
- Once done, remove them from them oven and pour them over pie crust. Scatter them, so that they roughly cover the pie layer. Add cheese on top and bake it for 30 minutes, till the cheese turns brown on top.
- Garnish it with oregano and serve it hot.
♨ Vegetarian Pasta ♨
- 1 cup cooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons of canned black olives
- 1/2 cup of drained cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix them well.
- Add the olive oil, cheese lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bake it for 10 minutes till the cheese melts and serve it hot.
So these were some of the Friday night dinner ideas that are extremely easy to make. Most of the ingredients used as easily available in all supermarkets. Involve your children and your spouse while cooking these dinners to bond over some delicious meals. Cooking together is an excellent way of teaching your children a few culinary skills at an early age. It also allows them to learn and experiment with, simple kitchen tactics. So, go ahead and indulge in some quality family time over dinners to die for!