A fresh fruit salad is delicious and refreshing. They can be eaten anytime, in the form of snacks, appetizers or dessert. Fruits like strawberries, blueberries, plums, and raisins are a mainstay in these recipes because they are rich in antioxidants. They also help the body to fight against diseases.
These recipes are easy and can be prepared in a short time. Here are some delectable and healthy recipes.
Rainbow Fruit Salad
- Raspberries, 4 cups
- Blueberries, 4 cups
- Strawberries, 4 cups
- Bananas, (thinly sliced) 4
- Peach, 6
- Apricots, 12
- Low-fat yogurt, 2 cups
- Vanilla, 2 tsp.
- Pecans or low-fat granola, (chopped)
- Take a bowl and mix all the fruits in it.
- Fold in the yogurt.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate it.
- Sprinkle with low-fat granola or pecans before serving.
Green Apple Breakfast Salad
- Green apple, (granny smith apple) 1
- Green seedless grapes, 20
- Celery stalks, 2
- Mint leaves, 6
- Agave nectar, 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice, 1 tbsp.
- Shelled pistachios, ⅓ cup
- Wash grapes and cut them into halves.
- Cut celery into little pieces.
- Add grapes and celery to the bowl.
- Chiffonade the mint leaves (roll the leaves horizontally and then cut the roll into small pieces) and sprinkle it over the grapes and the celery.
- Dice the apple into ½ - ¼ inch bits.
- Add the apple pieces to the bowl.
- Drizzle lemon juice and agave nectar.
- Toss with pistachios and mix well.
- Serve it cool.
Fruit Salad Delight
- Apple, (sliced) 1
- Bananas, (thin slices) 2
- Oranges, (diced) (peel and remove seeds) 2
- Seedless grapes, 1 lb.
- Dark cherries, 1 lb.
- Watermelon, (chunked) 1
- Strawberries, (halved) 2 cups
- Walnuts, (chopped) ¾ cup
- Coconut, (flaked) 1 cup
- Lemon or orange juice, as per taste.
- Powdered sugar, (for garnishing)
- Take a glass bowl.
- First layer the banana slices.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar lightly.
- Pour the lemon or orange juice over it.
- Now layer the grapes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar and drizzle the lemon or orange juice.
- Continue to layer all the fruits in the same way.
- At last, top it up with walnut and coconut.
- Garnish with any one of the fruits.
Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Orange, (diced) (peel and remove seeds) 1 cup
- Apple, (diced) 1 cup
- Banana, (cut into small pieces) 1 cup
- Pear, (diced) 1 cup
- Peach, (diced) 1 cup
- Strawberry, (cut into pieces) 1 cup
- Grapes, 1 cup
- Bibb lettuce, 10 leaves
- Poppy seed, 1 tbsp.
- Crisco oil, 1 cup
- Sugar, ¾ cup
- Onion salt, 1½ tsp.
- Dry mustard, 1 tsp.
- Vinegar, ⅓ cup
- To prepare the dressing, take a small bowl, add dry mustard, sugar and salt to the bowl.
- Add vinegar and beat at medium speed. Gradually add Crisco oil while beating.
- Beat till it thickens and then add the poppy seeds.
- Shake well.
- Take another bowl and spread the bibb lettuce.
- Fill the bowl with fruits and add the poppy seed dressing.
Egg-Honey Dressing Fruit Salad
- Cut fruits, such as: bananas, strawberries, apples, cantaloupe, grapes, oranges, 8 cups
- Egg, (well beaten) 1
- Whipped heavy cream, ½ cup
- Honey, ¼ cup
- Lime juice, 1 tbsp.
- Peanuts, (coarsely chopped) ½ cup
- Salad greens
- Take a saucepan. Add egg, honey and lime juice. Cook over medium heat. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat when thickened.
- Cool it for 30 minutes.
- Arrange salad greens on a serving tray.
- Blend fruits and peanuts in whipped cream.
- Garnish with egg-honey dressing.
- Serve chilled.
Vanilla-Orange Yogurt Dressing
Honey Yogurt Dressing
- Vanilla or mandarin orange yogurt
- Orange juice, 2 tbsp.
- Ground cinnamon, 1 tsp.
Honey Yogurt Dressing
- Plain yogurt, 1½ cups
- Mayonnaise, 2 tbsp.
- Honey, 2 tbsp.
Always use fresh fruits and avoid the canned ones. After all this recipe is nothing but a balance of taste and harmony of colors. They will also help you to get rid of your cravings for sweet desserts and chocolates. It is always a hit with everyone, especially kids.