However, if you heat fondant too much, the texture of the mix will become gritty and dull and unsuitable for using as icing on cake.
How to Make Fondant?
Given here is the recipe for making the rollable fondant, there are other cake recipes which use the liquid fondant that is poured over the cake and quickly spread on the cake surface. The liquid fondant is the one that needs to be heated at a right temperature.
- To make easy-to-use rollable fondant take a large bowl, and stir together in it half cup of shortening and one cup of light corn syrup.
- Then mix half teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon of vanilla extract together in a smaller bowl.
- Add the vanilla and salt mix to the large bowl and gradually mix it well till the confectioners sugar becomes as stiff as a dough. You can use a hand mixer or knead it by hands.
- Then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Before trying any fondant decorating ideas, make sure you knead the dough lightly again before using it for cake decorating.
- To use this fondant for decorating on cake, dust a clean surface with confectioners sugar, and then roll the dough out on the surface. Gradually, drape it over frosted or chilled cake and smooth down the sides, and cut down excess strips to make flowers, hearts, or other decorations.
Cake Decorating Ideas with Fondant
● If you're looking for cake ideas for girls, then you can use white fondant and on its edges stick rounded stripes. After this make beautiful shapes of musical notes and stick them on sides and top of the cake. If you're looking for fondant birthday cake ideas for an older girl, then try to decorate the cake with something new and unique.
So, follow these steps to make a good fondant, and use colored flavorings to create attractive-looking cakes!