Fish can be cooked in a variety of lip smacking ways by merely using different types of batter. The batter preparation lends a unique flavor to the fish prepared. It also helps to add that much-needed zing to the entire dish. Here, we shall take a look at many such recipes that can be used for any type of fish.
- All-purpose Flour: 1 cup
- Water: 1 cup
- Cornstarch: ½ cup
- Salt: 2 tsp.
- Sugar: 1 tsp.
- Oil: 1 tsp.
- Baking Powder: 1 tsp.
- Begin by mixing all the ingredients together carefully. Ensure that there are no lumps.
- Then, preheat the oil in the deep fat fryer to the required temperature.
- Dry the fish with the help of a paper towel and then dip it in the batter.
- Now, place each piece in the oil. Ensure that the batter gets uniformly smeared on both the sides. Cook till it acquires a shade of golden brown.
- Place the fish on a paper towel to drain the oil and serve hot.
- Egg: 1
- Milk: 250 mL
- Plain Flour: 4 oz.
- Salt and Pepper
- Firstly, put the milk and egg in the blender.
- Then, add some flour along with salt and pepper.
- Follow the exact order as mentioned to avoid the flour from sticking to the blades.
- Cover the blender with the lid, and process the mixture till it smoothens.
- Place it aside for 30 minutes. Then, whisk it again in the blender before using it for preparing the fish.
- Egg: 1
- Lemon Juice: 1 lemon
- Pancake Mix: 2 cups
- Vegetable Oil: ¼ cup
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and use water or milk to achieve the right consistency for the batter.
- Egg as an ingredient gives the batter a little crunchy effect.
- Egg Whites: 3
- Flour: 2 cups
- Milk: 1 cup
- Light Beer: ⅓ can
- Paprika: 2 tsp.
- Seasoned Salt: 2 tsp.
- Sea Salt: ½ tsp.
- Sage: ½ tsp.
- Thyme: ½ tsp.
- Chili Powder: ½ tsp.
- Red Pepper: ½ tsp.
- Pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and make sure it attains the right consistency without any lumps.
- Dip the fish in the batter and fry till it turns golden brown.
Ingredients (for the batter)
- Eggs: 2 (beaten)
- All-purpose Flour: ½ cup
- Milk: ½ cup
- Cornstarch: ¼ cup
- Salt: ¾ tsp.
- Garlic Powder: ½ tsp.
- Sherry: 2 tbsp.
- Lemon Juice: 1 tbsp.
- Honey: 1 tbsp.
- Fresh Ginger (crushed or grated): 1 tsp.
- Firstly, mix the honey and lemon juice along with sherry and ginger.
- Follow this by marinating the fish for 15 minutes.
- Then, mix flour, eggs, garlic, cornstarch, milk, and salt to prepare a smooth batter.
- Dip the pieces of fish in this batter and fry till golden brown.
So, these were five simple recipes for making fish batter. If you are an experimental cook, then you can always try your own permutations and combinations. Never hesitate to try new things. Happy cooking!