Is Chinese food your favorite cuisine? Well, here are some interesting facts about Chinese food that will be fascinating to read.
There is hardly anyone out there who does not enjoy Chinese food. In fact, according to the recent statistics, Chinese food is the most loved cuisines in the whole world. The fact that there are a large number of Chinese restaurants and takeaway all over the world, as compared to Italian or other cuisine restaurants, prove it. If you too enjoy your Chinese noodles and Chinese fried rice, you will love to read the facts mentioned below. Do you know that the rice, noodles and soy sauce form the integral part of Chinese cuisine? Well, here are some more interesting facts.
Interesting Facts About Chinese Cuisine
- The Chinese cuisine varies from one region to the other. Noodles form a part of staple diet in the north, while rice is that of the south.
- Rice and noodles form an integral part of Chinese cuisine, and both these foods are found or offered in all parts of China.
- In the earlier times, it was considered inappropriate to use forks and knives for eating as these instruments were used as weapons. Therefore, most of the Chinese food was prepared in bite sized pieces, so that they could be picked and eaten.
- The Chinese follow the principle of not to waste and hence, we find the use of nearly every part of plants and animals in cooking. Therefore, do not get surprised about the different dishes and their ingredients found in authentic Chinese cuisine.
- The traditional Chinese breakfast consists of rice, rice noodle rolls, rice porridge, bread, fried pancakes, etc., which is followed by Chinese tea or soy milk.
- The main course consists of rice with meat or vegetables, noodles, etc.
- Most of the Chinese food has medicinal properties. For e.g., the traditional Chinese tea is believed to have anti-allergic properties and helps in prevention of allergies.
- One of the most amazing facts about Chinese food that it is one of the healthiest foods in the world. The authentic Chinese food is prepared using fresh vegetables and fresh meats, which even when teamed with noodles or rice, is very low in calories. Therefore, you can still be healthy while enjoying your favorite Chinese rice with stir fry vegetables or shrimp!
- Now, when talking about authentic Chinese food, you should definitely be aware of the fact that when the Chinese say ‘fragrant meat’, they always refer to dog meat! The term is commonly used in all parts of China.
- The chop suey was first invented in America; however, it was invented by Chinese immigrants in America. Therefore, the dish is definitely Chinese, but, Americanized!
- As in other parts of the world, the Chinese also place high importance on table manners. For e.g., when at a table, one is supposed to take food only from the platter or dish that is at the immediate side. It is considered extremely rude to eat from a plate that is placed in front of the other person.
- The Chinese tea is as popular in other parts of the world as in China. In fact, the Chinese have their tea throughout the day or can have it at any time of the day.
These were some of the interesting facts about Chinese cuisine and food, which I hope, you must have enjoyed reading. So, you can also share these fascinating facts with your friend, while having an authentic Chinese meal together! Zài jiàn!