Enchiladas are one of the most popular dishes all over the world. You must have your favorite type of enchiladas filled with beef or chicken or even seafood. If you already know how to make enchiladas, you must be now looking for a different variation in the recipe. The enchilada casserole is also one of the delicious and yummy dishes among all different Mexican foods which can be easily made at home.
Enchilada Casserole Chicken Recipe
- Corn tortillas 12
- Chicken breasts 3 - 4
- Cream of chicken soup 10 ounce
- Cream of mushroom soup 10 ounce
- Grated cheddar cheese 10 ounce
- Sour cream 6 ounces
- Diced onion 1
- Diced green chillies 8 ounce
- Garlic powder 1 tablespoon
- Oregano ½ teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Add chicken, garlic powder, water, oregano and salt in a saucepan and boil for 20 minutes.
- Next shred the chicken from the bones. You also need to save the broth.
- Now in another pan, mix sour cream, soups and chillies.
- Add the above chicken broth in this mixture to thin it slightly. You can also add salt and oregano if needed.
- Heat / simmer this mixture for 12-15 minutes. Add chicken and onion to this mixture.
- Now in a large baking dish, spread 6 tortillas at the bottom. Spread half of the above made chicken sauce and add cheese. Now place the tortillas again, spread sauce and lastly, on the top, add cheese.
- Bake in oven in 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes. When the cheese has melted, your easy chicken enchilada casserole recipe is ready.
Enchilada Casserole Beef Recipe
- Soft corn tortillas 12
- Ground beef 1 and ½ pound
- Cream of chicken soup 1 can
- Cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- Enchilada sauce 9 ounces
- Shredded cheddar cheese 1 and ½ cup
- Onion ½ cup
- Garlic 1 clove
- Fry meat and garlic in a pan until brown.
- Now add the soups, onion and enchilada sauce in it.
- Take a baking dish and place the tortillas at the base of it. Spread the beef mixture and top with cheese.
- You can repeat the process if possible.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
- Black beans 15 ounce
- Corn tortillas 6
- Diced tomatoes 1 cup
- Chopped onion 1
- Corn 1 can
- Shredded cheddar cheese 8 ounces
- Enchilada sauce 19 ounce
- Black olives 6 ounce
- Minced cloves of garlic 2
- Minced jalapeno pepper 1
- Diced green chili peppers 4 ounce
- The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix beans, onion, chili peppers, jalapeno pepper, garlic. Add enchilada sauce to it.
- Spread the tortillas at the bottom of the baking dish. Pour the half the bean mixture on the top. Repeat the process with remaining tortillas and bean mixture. Top with cheese, enchilada sauce and olives.
- Cover the dish and bake for 30 minutes. Now uncover the dish and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Your enchilada casserole is ready when the cheese melts completely.
Enchilada Casserole with Doritos
- Chili with beans 15 ounce
- Plain Doritos 1 bag
- Diced onion 2 tablespoons
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Grated cheddar cheese 2 cups
- Enchilada sauce 15 ounce
- Tomato sauce 8 ounce
- The oven should be preheated to 375 degrees F.
- Now, in a bowl, crush 2/3 bag of Doritos.
- Add onion, chili, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and 1 cup of cheese into it.
- Put this mixture in a casserole dish and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Now remove from the oven. Add remaining Doritos, sour cream to it. Top with cheese.
- Again set this mixture to bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Your enchilada casserole recipe with Doritos is ready!
You must have now known that it is easy to make enchilada casseroles. These can be eaten as meals, or even as filling snacks. So, try the recipe as soon as you can.