Kids love them, adults love them, and the old people love them too. The point is, everybody loves egg rolls! These easy to make or bake egg rolls are brilliant snack preparations. You can stuff them with any veggies or meat according to your choice. They can be fried or baked depending on how healthy you want them to be. A delicious preparation as such as be eaten for both, breakfast and lunch.
Chicken Egg Roll
Chicken Egg Roll
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 ounces shredded carrots
- 8 (7 inch square) egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- In a skillet, mix chicken, ginger and garlic. Stir until chicken it cooked well, which means till it loses the light pink color.
- Heat the oil in another skillet.
- Meanwhile, mix water and flour in another bowl until they form a paste.
- Lay out one wrapper on a flat surface and stuff it with cabbage, carrot, and chicken mixture.
- Brush this egg roll wrapper with the flour paste and fry it in the heated oil. Keep turning the roll till it turns brown.
- Once done, place these rolls on a tissue paper to soak out the excess oil.
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 carrot, julienne
- 1 can shredded bamboo shoots
- 1 cup dried, shredded mushroom
- 1 pound Chinese barbecued or roasted chicken
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mono sodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1 (14 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 4 cups oil for frying, or as needed
- Heat half a teaspoon vegetable oil in a skillet. Pour in beaten eggs and cook till they are firm. Set them aside to cool down and cut them into stripes.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet and cook the cabbage, carrot, bamboo, mushroom, chicken, green onions, soy sauce, salt, sugar, and MSG. Cook them till the veggies get wilted.
- Pour in the egg strips and cook, till all of it is mixed well.
- Next bring out the wrappers and lay them in front of you.
- Fill each wrapper with half a tablespoon of the mixture and fold over the wrapper.
- Brush these wrapper with beaten eggs and deep-fry them in preheated oil.
- Serve them hot by draining the excess oil.
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups finely diced cooked chicken
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- In a large skillet, mix the carrots, sprouts, chestnuts, green pepper, onions, garlic and chicken. Cook it well till veggies are wilted and chicken is cooked.
- Mix cornstarch, water, soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, and cayenne till they become one. Pour it in the chicken mixture and bring to boil.
- Now bring out the egg wrappers and put half a tablespoon of chicken mixture in it. Fold it up and coat it with cooking spray.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 425°C for 10-15 minutes.