- 1 lb shrimp (peeled; deveined)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 tablespoons, butter
- 3 tablespoons, parsley (fresh; snipped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 6 tablespoons, white wine
Take a large sized skillet and heat the butter and oil in it over a medium heat. Add the shrimp and the garlic, and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Then, stir in the wine and the parsley. Serve immediately.
Combine the breadcrumbs and the coconut in a dish. Then, place the eggs and the flour in separate dishes. First, dip the shrimp in the flour, then into the eggs, and lastly, into the coconut-breadcrumb mix, making sure to coat each ingredient well.
Then, fry the shrimp in oil, which has been heated to 350 ºF. Fry until the shrimp starts turning golden brown in color, which will take about 4 minutes, and then remove and serve.
- 2 lb whole fresh shrimp (peeled; de-veined)
- 2 lb potatoes (peeled; cubed)
- ½ cup, vegetable oil
- ½ cup, flour
- 1¾ cup, onion (chopped)
- ¾ cup, green onions (sliced thinly)
- ⅓ cup, celery (chopped)
- 4 teaspoons, garlic (finely minced)
- ⅛ teaspoon, cayenne pepper
- 3 bay leaves (whole and crushed)
- 1 teaspoon, thyme (dried)
- 2 lb ripe tomatoes (chopped coarsely)
- 3 cups, water or shrimp stock
- 1 teaspoon, fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon, black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2½ teaspoons, salt
Heat the oil in a heavy pot and stir in the flour gradually. Cook it until it turns medium brown in color. Then, lowering the heat, add the garlic, celery, green onions, and onion, and keep cooking for about 10 minutes, stirring all the time. Next, add the thyme, bay leaves, cayenne, pepper, and salt, and mix them all.
Then, add the lemon juice, water, and tomatoes, and simmer for about an hour, stirring every now and then. Then, add the potatoes and cook for 10 more minutes. Finally, add the shrimp and cover the pot. Cook for 10 minutes more on a low heat, or until the shrimp turns pink.
- 1 lb large sized shrimp (peeled; deveined)
- 1 onion (mixed)
- 1 teaspoon, ginger root (minced)
- 1 teaspoon, garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons, vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon, cumin (ground)
- 1 teaspoon, coriander (ground)
- ½ teaspoon, red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon, turmeric powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 green cardamoms
- 6 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ cups, coconut milk
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 2 sprigs of fresh coriander (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon, salt
Heat the oil in a wok, and add the bay leaf, cloves, cardamoms, and cinnamon, and let them brown a little. Then, add the minced onion and fry until it starts turning light brown in color, and the oil begins leaving the sides. Add more oil if you need to. Then, add the garlic and ginger, and cook for about two minutes, stirring frequently.
Next, add the coriander, cumin, red chilie powder, and turmeric, and cook for a couple of minutes more. Then, add the coconut milk and the green chilies, and let it come to a boil. Finally, add the shrimp, and cover and cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes. Garnish with the chopped coriander and serve with steaming hot rice.