A candle-lit dinner with scrumptious food is the perfect way for a couple to spend an intimate romantic evening. And when the food is made especially by your creative hand, it is all the more special. You must see to it that you select the easiest and less time-consuming recipes when it comes to preparing food for your partner.
It can be a tiresome job to find out some unconventional, innovative, as well as easy recipes. Hence, given below are some innovative and easy food recipes for two.
Frisée Salad with Bacon-Shallot Vinaigrette
- A slice of Bacon (cut in 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 to 3 heads of Frisée
- 1/3 cup shallot (minced)
- Mustard (1/3 teaspoon)
- White vinegar (⅔ tablespoon)
- 2 eggs
- Pepper and salt (1 teaspoon each)
- Cook bacon in a saucepan for over 5 minutes. Stir occasionally until they turn brown in color.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and place it over a tissue paper. In the same saucepan, add shallot, mustard, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Whisk it in a steady stream and place this vinaigrette in a bowl with the frisée and toss well. Just make sure you have trimmed the frisée ends and cut them into small pieces.
- Poach the eggs in a water boiling skillet until the yolk starts to get thick. After the egg is cooked, quickly lift it up from the skillet with the help of a slotted spoon. To serve, place the frisée in a serving plate, top it up with bacon and egg you can scatter some pepper onto the eggs, on your choice. This salad is less time-consuming and tastes deliciously yummy.
Chicken A La King
- 1 can fat-free cream chicken soup
- 1 can mushrooms (Sliced, drained)
- 1 jar pimiento (diced, drained)
- 1 cup chopped chicken
- ¾ cup skimmed milk
- ⅛ tsp. of ground pepper
- ½ tsp. of salt (as per taste)
- Chow mein noodles
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add chicken chops and chicken soup to it.
- Add skimmed milk, mushrooms, pimiento, ground pepper, and salt to it.
- Cook thoroughly for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring the mixture often.
- When cooked fully, take the skillet off the heat. Take the chow mein noodles in a serving plate and put the cooked chicken over it. You can also think about garnishing it with some herbs like parsley or coriander leaves. There are many chicken recipes that are really easy and less time-consuming. You can think of trying them too!
Ingredients: Chocolate sauce
Ingredients: Cappuccino Soufflé
- ¼ cup of light cream
- 1 oz. of chocolate
- 1 tsp. of margarine or butter
- ½ tsp. of instant coffee powder
- ⅛ tsp. of ground cinnamon
- Combine all the chocolate sauce ingredients in a microwave friendly cup.
- Cook in the preheated microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir to scrap the chocolate from the bottom of the cup.
- Cook for about 15 seconds and remove from the microwave.
Ingredients: Cappuccino Soufflé
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp. of instant coffee
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. of margarine
- 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
- ⅛ tsp. of cream tartar
- ⅛ tsp. of cinnamon
- Grease two ramekins with margarine and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Take a cup and add 1 teaspoon water, vanilla essence, instant coffee, and cinnamon until dissolved fully.
- Take a large glass bowl and beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar with a hand blender, until soft crests are formed. While beating the eggs, add the rest of the sugar and the coffee mixture into it.
- Preheat the microwave over 375ºF and bake the mixture by keeping it in the ramekins until puffed soufflé with brown edges starts to appear.
- Serve the soufflé immediately and break them in the middle to fill in the chocolate sauce before relishing it.
Actually, you can apply a few dinner ideas of your choice by preparing many healthy recipes and serving them with great garnishing ideas. They will surely be impressive. The only thing to remember is the proper balance of the ingredients. You must add correct ingredients in the correct measurements. There is no easier way than this and trying the above recipes in addition to your personal favorite recipes, will definitely add glory to your romantic dinner party!