Recipes that Please Everyone
For a picnic, pre-packed foods do come in handy. However, it cannot replace a home cooked meal. So do try your hand at these recipes as they are delicious and oh-so simple to make.
Serves - 6
- Buttermilk, ¾ cup
- Mayonnaise, ¾ cup
- Mustard Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Worcestershire Sauce, ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper, as per taste
- Cooked Macaroni, 3 cups
- Lean Cooked Ham (cut into ½ inch cubes), 1 pound
- Celery (chopped), 2 ribs
- Peas, ½ cup
- Sweet Pickles (chopped), ½ cup
- Red Bell Pepper (chopped), ½ cup
- Scallions (chopped), 2
- Cherry Tomatoes, for garnishing
- In a bowl, mix buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper, and keep it covered in the refrigerator.
- In a big bowl, combine macaroni, ham, celery, peas, pickles, red pepper, and scallions.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss well. Garnish the salad with cherry tomatoes and your salad is ready to be packed.
Serves - 4
- 15 ounce can of Great Northern Beans (drained), 1 can
- Garlic Cloves (minced), 3
- Fresh Lemon Juice, 3 tablespoons
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 6 tablespoons
- Fresh Basil (chopped), 5 tablespoons
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper, ½ teaspoon
- 6 ounce Can Tuna, 2 cans
- Parsley (chopped),1 tablespoon
- Olives (chopped), ¼ cup
- Celery (chopped), 1 stalk
- Red Onion (chopped), 3 tablespoons
- Slices of Italian Bread, such as Ciabatta (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- Lettuce Spring Mix, 1 cup
- Mash the beans in a bowl with a fork.
- Add garlic, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons basil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and stir thoroughly.
- Place tuna in a small bowl and add remaining basil, olives, onion, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in.
- Place ¼ bean mixture on one slice of bread. On the bean mixture, add ¼ tuna salad, lettuce leaves, and a slice of bread.
Serves - 2
- Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Garlic Clove (minced), 1 clove
- Zucchini (sliced into ¼ inch rounds), ½ pound
- Eggs, 4
- Milk, 2 tablespoons
- Dried Oregano and salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Parmesan Cheese (grated), 1½ tablespoon
- Green Onions (sliced), ¼ cup
- Small can of Sliced Ripe Olives, drained, ½ can
- In an oven pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and zucchini to the oil, and stir occasionally. The zucchini needs to turn tender. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs and milk together and add oregano, salt, pepper, cheese, onions, olives, and zucchini.
- In a pan, add olive oil and pour in the egg mixture. Do not stir the mixture.
- When the egg mixture begins to set, lift the edges with a spatula and tilt the pan to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath.
- Continue to cook the eggs till the eggs are softly set.
- Remove from heat and place under broiler, approximately 6 inches away from the heat, just till top of the eggs are set.
- Once cooked, cut it into wedges and pack it for the picnic.