Don't deny it. Appetizers and finger foods go hand in hand. And generally, we decide whether we ought to be eating more of the food at a party, based on what the finger foods taste like, right? Here we have some recipes for easy finger foods for a crowd. Use them and you'll have them eating out of their hands!
Quick and Easy Recipes for Finger Foods
When it comes to making finger foods, all you need is a bit of creativity, a good sense of taste and the willingness to experiment. Sure you can have the regular exotic and probably the best finger food for parties but what about when you don't want to tire yourself out as you have an elaborate main course to prepare? That's when you need easy finger foods.
- Eggs (according to the number of people)
- Chilly Flakes
- First, you need to hard boil all the eggs.
- Chop the mushrooms into halves.
- While the eggs boil, shallow fry the mushrooms until they are soft enough to be poked.
- After the eggs are boiled, remove the shells carefully, and cut the eggs into halves.
- You can either remove the yolks from the eggs, or keep them in. It depends on the people eating it.
- Place the halved eggs on the serving tray, and begin the toppings.
- First goes a dash of salt and pepper powder on the eggs.
- Then, place two halves of mushrooms side by side, on the egg.
- Then, add a dollop of mayonnaise, and garnish it with a single leaf of coriander and some chilly flakes.
This finger food is fun to make and can be modified in any way you want. Let's check it out.
- Uncut Bread Loaf (freshly baked)
- Sliced Chicken (or meat of your choice)
- Cheese Spread or Cheese Sauce
- Cooking Oil
- Oregano or Dried Parsley
- Salad Greens
- Tamarind Sauce
- First, shallow fry the chicken slices until they are completely cooked (not pinkish).
- Then, cut the loaf of bread into tiny slices, small enough to be picked up by two fingers.
- Apply generous amounts of the cheese spread or cheese sauce on the bread, just don't let it get too soggy.
- After the chicken is cooked, place one slice each on each bread slice.
- Season it with the oregano or parsley, place some salad greens on it, and then pour the tamarind sauce on the chicken.
- Salted Crackers (according to number of people)
- Mayonnaise or Cheese Spread
- Roasted and Salted Cashews
- Chilly Flakes
- Fresh Thyme
- Place all the crackers on the tray.
- Add a spoon of mayonnaise or cheese spread on each cracker (spreading it is your choice).
- Place one or two roasted and salted cashews on the mayo or cheese.
- Season it with the chilly flakes.
- Add a bit of fresh thyme on each cracker for the finishing touch.
- This finger food can be served with a bowl of Thai peanut sauce to pour on it.