Preparing the frosting or icing is a very important process while baking a cake. The icing on the cake not only enhances its look but also improves its delicious taste. The frosting can be prepared with plenty of flavors, like chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, etc. Chocolate is simply loved by one and all, and you will never go wrong if you choose chocolate frosting for your cake. Whether cakes or cupcakes, chocolate frosting blends well with the taste of any type of cake base. Here are some easy recipes of the same, which you can use for your cakes and cupcakes.
Creamy Chocolate Frosting
- Confectioners' sugar, 2 ¾ cups
- Butter, 6 tablespoons
- Evaporated milk, 5 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, 6 tablespoons
- To prepare this creamy and easy chocolate icing recipe, first add confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix them together to sieve and remove any type of lump.
- Then, put butter in a large bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until it turns smooth.
- Add in the confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder mixture to the butter and alternately add evaporated milk to it.
- Beat the mixture until it turns light and fluffy.
- You can make necessary changes with the texture of the mixture by adding sugar or milk.
Simple Chocolate Frosting
- Powdered sugar, 1 cup
- Evaporated milk, ⅓ cup
- Semi-sweet chocolate pieces, 6 ounce package
- First take a saucepan, and put the chocolate pieces and evaporated milk into it.
- Keep the saucepan over low heat, and keep stirring the mixture to make it thick and smooth.
- Once the mixture becomes thick and smooth, remove it from the heat, and add powdered sugar to it.
- Stir this mixture until it becomes completely smooth.
- You can add some evaporated milk if you find that the frosting mixture has become too thick.
One-minute Chocolate Frosting
- Granulated sugar, 1 cup
- Cocoa, ¼ cup
- Milk, ¼ cup
- Butter, ¼ cup
- Vanilla, 1 teaspoon
- Add granulated sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a saucepan, and boil the mixture.
- When the mixture comes to boil, keep it boiling for one minute and remove from the heat.
- Then add vanilla to the boiled mixture, and let the mixture cool partially for sometime.
- Beat the cooled mixture with the help of electric mixture for at least 3 minutes to obtain the required consistency or texture.
Chocolate Cupcake Frosting
- Confectioners' sugar, 1 ⅓ cups
- Unsalted butter (room temperature), ⅔ cup
- Vanilla extract, 1½ teaspoons
- Unsweetened chocolate (coarsely chopped), 4 ounces
- Put some water in a saucepan and the chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl.
- Place the heatproof bowl in the saucepan and then the saucepan over the heat.
- Melt the chocolate and later remove the saucepan from the heat to let the chocolate cool to reach room temperature.
- Now, take a medium-sized bowl and beat the butter to make it smooth with the help of an electric mixer.
- You can beat it for at least one minute to make it creamy and smooth.
- Then, add sugar to the butter and beat for two minutes to make it fluffy and light.
- Put in vanilla extract and again beat the mixture.
- In the end, add the melted chocolate and continue beating the mixture on low speed to mix the ingredients properly.
- Once all the ingredients have mixed properly, beat the mixture at medium speed to give a glossy texture to the mixture.
So, these were some easy chocolate frosting recipes for you. You can use various garnishing techniques to improve the look of your cake. We hope you will try them and use them to decorate the luscious cake baked by you.