If concocting dishes is your forte and you feel the adrenaline rush to cook up tasty meals when guests screech your doorbell and take you by surprise, it is time you put on your chef's coat and get to work. Why not cook up a casserole? Sounds interesting and mouth-watering, isn't it? Don't know what a casserole is? Let this article acquaint you with the idea of a casserole, only then can we move on to broccoli casserole recipes to help you cook an appetizing meal.
Casserole is a dish that has a soup-like texture, however in comparison to the authentic broccoli soups and recipes and in terms of consistency the casserole scores high on the thickness factor. It is a popular dish and an equally popular choice on dinner tables in countries like Europe, United States and Canada. This dish has two meats or greens as its dominant ingredients.
To make the preparation richer, alcohol in the form of wine and beer can also be added. Vegetable juices is another ingredient that contributes in enhancing the flavors to the T. You may wonder as to how the casserole gets a thick texture. Well, the thickness and the consistency is borrowed from pasta, potatoes or rice that is blended with the liquids. There are different types of casseroles and they are all delectable in their own respective ways.
Broccoli Casserole with Cheese
Broccoli Casserole with Cheese
- 2 packages frozen chopped broccoli; partially thawed
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 can (10½ ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter; melted
- To make broccoli cheese casserole, all you need to do is to break broccoli into pieces.
- Discard excess liquid by squeezing the broccoli.
- Place the broccoli pieces and water chestnuts in the prescribed quantities in a casserole.
- Pour the cream of chicken soup on the broccoli pieces.
- Blend cheese, butter and bread crumbs.
- Make sure that the butter is melted.
- Bake the broccoli for an hour. Make sure that the baking is done in an uncovered casserole.
- 1 can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Egg; beaten
- ¼ cup Onions; chopped
- 3 packages Frozen Chopped Broccoli
- 230 grams of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Take a casserole dish and grease it with melted butter. Make sure that the butter is spread evenly. Place it aside.
- Now, take a mixing bowl and pour the soup, mayonnaise, chopped onions and beaten eggs into it. Blend it well.
- With another bowl on the kitchen counter break the broccoli into pieces and add the mixture made of mayonnaise, condensed soup, eggs and onions. Mix it thoroughly.
- The next step is to add the shredded cheddar cheese. Keep blending.
- Pour the entire mixture into the greased dish and even it well.
- You could season the dish with salt to taste and pepper to enhance the flavors.
- Bake the dish for an hour at 325 degrees F.
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 3/4 can chicken broth
- 2 pk. frozen broccoli spears
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can finely crushed cracker crumbs
- 1 can grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 can mayonnaise
- Boil the chicken for an hour, until completely cooked.
- Now cook broccoli for ten minutes in boiling water.
- The chicken that you have boiled, will have broth in abundant quantity.
- All you need to do is to put aside some broth for later use.
- Place the chicken and broccoli in a baking dish.
- Place the chicken on top of the broccoli pieces
- Blend the broth, the cream of chicken soup and mayonnaise well.
- Pour it into the dish over the broccoli and chicken layer.
- Garnish the dish with bread crumbs, pepper and grated cheese.
- Bake the dish for 35 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
- 150 gm fresh broccoli
- 150 gm fresh cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons of Cheese Whiz
- ½ can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons of Fried Onions
- Pre-heat the oven at 325 degrees F.
- Cook vegetables until cooked partially.
- Cream of chicken soup, cheese and fried onions should be mixed.
- Vegetables also should be mixed.
- Bake this mixture for 15 minutes in a greased oven.
- Spread the remaining onion fries on top of the bake and let it stand for another 5 minutes.
Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 fresh bunch of broccoli crowns
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese (finely shredded)
- 1 can mushroom soup
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Place 2 cups water and 1 tablespoon of butter with rice in a saucepan.
- Bring it to boil.
- Stir in the rice and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- With another saucepan, add 1 cup water and let it boil.
- Steam the broccoli crowns for 5-8 minutes. Drain and let it stay.
- Once the rice and broccoli are boiled, place in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the broccoli crowns and mix it with 1 can mushroom soup, milk and 3 cups cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake the dish without covering it for about 30 minutes.
- After the baking activity is done, top it up with the remaining grated cheddar cheese.
So, just wait for the guests to arrive and have a lip-smacking delight. Have a great time cooking up these dishes and grab a morsel or two for yourself as well! I know you would be left with empty dishes in a jiffy!