Planning for a party can be a lot of fun but at the same time, it can also be very taxing. The taxing part comes from arranging for food. It is not always possible to have sit-down parties. Often the guests mingle with one another. Therefore, guests relish finger foods. If there are kids coming for the party, then you will have to also make delicious appetizers for kids. Most of the time, kids are more interested in playing as opposed to eating. Making something tempting will ensure that the kids also enjoy the food and not go back home hungry.
Quick and Simple Appetizers Recipes
- 1 pound, mushrooms
- 1 cup, Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons, unsalted butter
- ½ cup, walnuts
- 1 onion
- ½ cup, parsley leaves
- ½ cup, bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Till all the other preparations are made, heat the oven to 350 ºF.
- Grate the cheese coarsely.
- Chop off the stems of the mushrooms and finely cut the stems and keep them aside.
- Brush the mushroom caps with melted butter.
- Place the mushrooms caps on a baking sheet upside down.
- In the mean time, roast the almonds a little.
- When the almonds have cooled down, chop the walnuts along with parsley leaves and onion.
- Take a frying pan and sauté the mushroom stems in a little butter.
- After they are done, add the remaining ingredients to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the mushroom caps with this stuffing.
- Bake the mushrooms for about 15-20 minutes and serve them hot.
- 1 cup, all-purpose flour
- 1 pound, chicken breasts (boneless; skinless)
- 11 ounce can of mandarin oranges
- 2/3 cup, orange marmalade
- ½ teaspoon, dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons, butter
- 1/2 teaspoon, salt
- 1/4 teaspoon, pepper
- Make bite-sized pieces of chicken.
- In a resealable plastic bag, mix all-purpose flour, salt, and pepper together.
- Put a few chicken pieces into the flour mixture and shake the bag well so that all the pieces are well-coated.
- Heat a skillet and add some butter to it.
- Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and let it cook till they are golden-brown in color and well-cooked.
- In a saucepan, mix together marmalade, drained oranges, and tarragon.
- Place the saucepan on medium heat and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Remove the chicken pieces on a bowl and pour the marmalade mixture on the chicken pieces and stir gently to coat the chicken pieces with the mixture.
- Now, is the time to serve this delicious appetizer piping hot.
- 1 large ready-to-eat pizza crust
- 1 cup, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup, diced tomato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons, dried basil leaves
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- While you do the other preparations, let the oven heat to 375 ºF.
- Finely chop garlic cloves.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cheese, garlic, tomato, basil leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Now, spread the tomato and cheese mixture on the pizza crust.
- Place the crust on a baking sheet.
- Let the pizza crust bake for about 8-9 minutes at 375 ºF, till the cheese has melted.
- Cut the bruschetta with a pizza cutter and serve hot.